Hognose Health
 Anything to worry about?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sika
Hatchling Hoggie

105 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  13:53:21  Show Profile  Click to see Sika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
No doubt my little Vitus is a male - he just showed me

He was in his viv crawling around when he decided to take a dump - the weird thing is that while pooping he turned his hemipenes all out and there was a tiny bit of blood. I've never seen him do that before and he seems fine. Just wondered if it were normal for him to turn them out?

Last time he shed and thereafter pooped there was a bit of blood too, just want to hear if yours does the same...

0.1 Corn snake - Motley Sunglow (Aia)
1.0 Hognose - normal (Vitus/Basse)

Sika
Hatchling Hoggie

105 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  14:00:47  Show Profile  Click to see Sika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Btw they did go right back in and nothing wrong to see....

Go to Top of Page

LouiseB
Yearling Hoggie

United Kingdom
624 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  15:33:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My hoggy does that, hemipenes and all. There is usually a bit of slime but I can't say I've ever seen any blood. I'd just keep an eye on your Vitus for a while, if he seems fine there's probably nothing to worry about.
My hoggy has his hemipenes out at any opportunity, I try to ignore him. Don't want to offer any encouragement!

1.0.0. Western hognose (Baldrick)
0.1.0. Amel bloodred corn snake (Cornflake)
R.I.P. Bob (Western hognose)
Go to Top of Page

Sika
Hatchling Hoggie

105 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  17:03:20  Show Profile  Click to see Sika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thats Louise
Just wanted to make sure...
He seems VERY fine and now he's totally hyper - there's nothing like a good poop
It looks closed and nothing out of the normal, maybe he's just getting to be a big boy

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
Hognose Admin

260 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  19:47:14  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Was it definitely blood as well, or was it just very red bits due to veins being close to the surface??

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

Sika
Hatchling Hoggie

105 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  19:54:55  Show Profile  Click to see Sika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes K, a tiny bit of blood too... saw it cause I wiped up his pooh xD
It was very little.... but still

Go to Top of Page

LouiseB
Yearling Hoggie

United Kingdom
624 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  13:56:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a thought, but could it have been stringy bits of... whatever from his last meal, perhaps veiny parts that didn't get digested properly? I don't know if this happens, but I do sometimes find small but nasty shreds of furry mouse skin in my corn snake's poo.
I do hope nobody is reading this over their lunch.

Go to Top of Page

Sika
Hatchling Hoggie

105 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  14:38:54  Show Profile  Click to see Sika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LouiseB

Just a thought, but could it have been stringy bits of... whatever from his last meal, perhaps veiny parts that didn't get digested properly? I don't know if this happens, but I do sometimes find small but nasty shreds of furry mouse skin in my corn snake's poo.
I do hope nobody is reading this over their lunch.

No it was definitely his "things" - could see them plainly... Maybe he just pushed too hard? There's nothing to see around his cloaca and he's very active. I just wondered cause I've never seen him do that before... but as they went right back in, I don't think there's anything wrong, and they looked like they should. I'll keep an eye on it though.

Go to Top of Page

LouiseB
Yearling Hoggie

United Kingdom
624 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  09:38:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I meant the blood in his faeces rather than the hemipenes. From what you say, I doubt if there's antyhing wrong with him, though.

Go to Top of Page

Sika
Hatchling Hoggie

105 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  11:53:24  Show Profile  Click to see Sika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LouiseB

Sorry, I meant the blood in his faeces rather than the hemipenes. From what you say, I doubt if there's antyhing wrong with him, though.

Yeah it was a little speck of blood... But as it was only a little and there's noting to see on him now, I'm not worried Thanks for the support - nice to hear what you guys make of it

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000