New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Newbie 105
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2011 :  15:04:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello i have a corn snake all readyand would like a loverly hog noes snake but i was womdering if people could tell me anything really important to know and post pics of their vivs and fauns so i can get a basic idea as i want to keep this hog in an exo terra faun it will only be a small hoggie mind you ?
Thanks

Kehhlyr
Hognose Admin

260 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2011 :  17:10:11  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The only real thing to know is that sometimes hoggies just decide to stop eating for a while, just to be annoying.

I don't actually have any pics of my fauns at all, but I have about an inch deep of aubiose, water bowl, small plastic plant and a couple loo roll tubes as hides that don't get used.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

LouiseB
Yearling Hoggie

United Kingdom
624 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  15:30:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They're quite easy to care for if you already have experience with your corn snake - hoggies just need to be kept 1 or 2 F warmer, and as Kehhlyr says, they can be awkward feeders. Apart from that, they just need plenty of places to hide and a nice deep substrate, as they love to dig.

1.0.0. Western hognose (Baldrick)
0.1.0. Amel bloodred corn snake (Cornflake)
R.I.P. Bob (Western hognose)
Go to Top of Page

RedHog
Egg

United Kingdom
71 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2011 :  18:28:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hogs are kept more or less the same as corns, just a lil bit warmer and as above, slightly deeper substrate, as for feeding females tend to be better and never refuse a feed but males can be a bit fussy but it's nothing to worry about, as long as you offer food they will take it when they ate ready!
In my opinion hogs are a much more rewarding snake to keep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000