New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kehhlyr
Hognose Admin

260 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2011 :  01:04:30  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If the nighttime drop is down to low the only way I could say that it might be is if you had fed that day and for some reason had a power outage the next day.
I can't think of anything that could be an issue, but then it all depends on what temp is in the warmest part during the drop as well.

I have several reptile that are recommended a drop during the night, I give a nighttime temp drop to none of them. Having to adjust and re-adjust the stats everyday could be a lot of work when it's not really necessary with a lot of species.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

Yemeyana
Snake Mite

20 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2011 :  01:13:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, if I don't get out of bed for something as important as a snake, I might not get out of bed at all some days ;)

Lucius has definitely seemed happier and more well since opening the lid, and on the most days when I drop the temperature at night.
I don't mind hard work - I'm in the planning stages of a 8+ viv stack for my cabin. I know that won't be easy to care for.
Go to Top of Page

Yemeyana
Snake Mite

20 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2011 :  02:09:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, apparently he doesn't want to feed outside of the viv...
I tried putting him and the pinky on some card, with a hide, in a box, brained the pinky, put in a box again... no luck.

Cause for concern?
Should I try again tomorrow, or leave it another week?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000