Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Headlow
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2011 :  12:13:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello there folks.

I keep my little female in a 1 foot Exo Terra Terrarium, one of the ones with the fake rock back-round. When I got the tank I cut a piece of wood to fill in the little slots where the wires pass through. Up until this morning I never had a problem with it. I opened up the tank to take the snake out, and to my horror she wasn't there. Luckily I noticed that there was a gap between the wood and the foam. It turns out that she managed to burrow through. I did hear a lot of scraping yesterday, but thought nothing of it. She's managed to scrape of a bit of the foam until the hole was large enough for her to fit through. I found her happily curled up over her heat mat Needless to say the rock back-round has been removed lol

1.0.0 Mexican Milk
0.0.1 Mexi Black
0.0.3 Corns
0.1.0 Western Hognose

Mandie
Hatchling Hoggie

185 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2011 :  13:44:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hognose are amazing escape artists, had one get out once thru the hole I'd got the heatmat probe thru!
Go to Top of Page

LouiseB
Yearling Hoggie

United Kingdom
624 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2011 :  09:55:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They do seem to be very persistent - once they've decided they want to get into something, they usually find a way!

1.0.0. Western hognose (Baldrick)
0.1.0. Amel bloodred corn snake (Cornflake)
R.I.P. Bob (Western hognose)
Go to Top of Page

Lettsy1
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
40 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2011 :  12:56:37  Show Profile  Click to see Lettsy1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lol, thats what Frank did to me, scared the life out of me as just saw his head poppin out of the top of the background, thought he'd escaped! did the same as you though and removed the background! propped it up against the back now, still looks good tho.

1.2.0 Royal Python (Dash,Sheba & Ditto)
1.1.0 Western Hognose (Frank & Grace)
0.0.1 Snow Corn (Ghost)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000