New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

accidental777
Snake Mite

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  04:45:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, my boyfriend and I decided to adopt a hog nose snake from petco about a month ago. He/she is doing pretty well so far, aside from being a bit huffy lol.
I do not know a whole lot about hoggie morphs yet, but I have tried to find images on google that look similar to our guy, I haven't had much luck with that. He looks most similar to hypomelanistic hog nose snakes. He also just shed for us and it was a completely clear shed, no markings on it.
With ball pythons, I know that this means that a snake may be hypomelanistic. Is this true with hog noses too?
Thanks in advance!

Elbee
Snake Mite

20 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  17:27:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hognose vary in pattern and color and I doubt that you have a hypo from a chain store, but post a pic, we would love to see your little guy.
Go to Top of Page

LouiseB
Yearling Hoggie

United Kingdom
624 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2011 :  13:24:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, post a picture - there will be lots of people on here who can help. My hoggy is a normal type, and his sheds have markings on them, but I'm afraid that's all I know...
If you have a look on the photos section of the forum, there are a lot of pictures of different types of hoggy, have you tried looking there to see if any of them match yours?

1.0.0. Western hognose (Baldrick)
0.1.0. Amel bloodred corn snake (Cornflake)
R.I.P. Bob (Western hognose)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000