Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Shelly
Egg

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2010 :  19:01:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just thought I'd fill you in on the latest. Piglet has now shed, although he did have to have alot of help in doing so. I'm now going to let him de-stress for a few days before attempting to feed him. He's picked up a bit and has come out exploring the las few days. Fingers crossed he now decides to eat again. Here's hoping.
Go to Top of Page

Josh6nine
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  23:50:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got my hognose about 3 months ago from someone on preloved.com , he is 2 years old and the guy said he was eating adult mice and shedding fine. When I fed him he didn't want to know and this continued until a couple of weeks ago. I tried loads of stuff to make him eat but in the end he went for a rat pup warmed up and brained. I tried this evening to move him up to an adult mouse brained but he didn't want so I guess it's rat pups for the time being. Also people have had success with boiled egg scenting and even bits of boiled egg. Really hope yours eats soon.
Go to Top of Page

LouiseB
Yearling Hoggie

United Kingdom
624 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2010 :  16:27:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any progress, Shelly?

1.0.0. Western hognose (Baldrick)
0.1.0. Amel bloodred corn snake (Cornflake)
R.I.P. Bob (Western hognose)
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2010 :  19:30:51  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I dont know if this applies to hoggies but you can give corns mouse tails, wait for someone who knows more to come along but I dont think it would hurt a hoggie. You can give a hoggie a tail because its so small and it can easily be pushed into the mouth. I hope this helps you.
Tiffany-x
Go to Top of Page

Shelly
Egg

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2010 :  00:05:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry guys, been a bit busy lately but thought I'd let you all know that he has finally eaten. Piglet has eaten 4 very small pinkies over 2 days and is looking a lot better. I'm just hoping he continues to eat from now on. Here's hoping. Thanks for all your advice. :)
Go to Top of Page

LouiseB
Yearling Hoggie

United Kingdom
624 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2010 :  11:08:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's really good to hear - I was getting a bit worried about him, as I do with all awkward hoggies that I hear about! It's good that you didn't have to resort to the vet too.

1.0.0. Western hognose (Baldrick)
0.1.0. Amel bloodred corn snake (Cornflake)
R.I.P. Bob (Western hognose)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000