The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Health
 Anything to worry about?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sika Posted - 21/02/2011 : 13:53:21
No doubt my little Vitus is a male - he just showed me

He was in his viv crawling around when he decided to take a dump - the weird thing is that while pooping he turned his hemipenes all out and there was a tiny bit of blood. I've never seen him do that before and he seems fine. Just wondered if it were normal for him to turn them out?

Last time he shed and thereafter pooped there was a bit of blood too, just want to hear if yours does the same...
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sika Posted - 23/02/2011 : 11:53:24
quote:
Originally posted by LouiseB

Sorry, I meant the blood in his faeces rather than the hemipenes. From what you say, I doubt if there's antyhing wrong with him, though.

Yeah it was a little speck of blood... But as it was only a little and there's noting to see on him now, I'm not worried Thanks for the support - nice to hear what you guys make of it
LouiseB Posted - 23/02/2011 : 09:38:22
Sorry, I meant the blood in his faeces rather than the hemipenes. From what you say, I doubt if there's antyhing wrong with him, though.
Sika Posted - 22/02/2011 : 14:38:54
quote:
Originally posted by LouiseB

Just a thought, but could it have been stringy bits of... whatever from his last meal, perhaps veiny parts that didn't get digested properly? I don't know if this happens, but I do sometimes find small but nasty shreds of furry mouse skin in my corn snake's poo.
I do hope nobody is reading this over their lunch.

No it was definitely his "things" - could see them plainly... Maybe he just pushed too hard? There's nothing to see around his cloaca and he's very active. I just wondered cause I've never seen him do that before... but as they went right back in, I don't think there's anything wrong, and they looked like they should. I'll keep an eye on it though.
LouiseB Posted - 22/02/2011 : 13:56:38
Just a thought, but could it have been stringy bits of... whatever from his last meal, perhaps veiny parts that didn't get digested properly? I don't know if this happens, but I do sometimes find small but nasty shreds of furry mouse skin in my corn snake's poo.
I do hope nobody is reading this over their lunch.
Sika Posted - 21/02/2011 : 19:54:55
Yes K, a tiny bit of blood too... saw it cause I wiped up his pooh xD
It was very little.... but still
Kehhlyr Posted - 21/02/2011 : 19:47:14
Was it definitely blood as well, or was it just very red bits due to veins being close to the surface??
Sika Posted - 21/02/2011 : 17:03:20
Thats Louise
Just wanted to make sure...
He seems VERY fine and now he's totally hyper - there's nothing like a good poop
It looks closed and nothing out of the normal, maybe he's just getting to be a big boy
LouiseB Posted - 21/02/2011 : 15:33:37
My hoggy does that, hemipenes and all. There is usually a bit of slime but I can't say I've ever seen any blood. I'd just keep an eye on your Vitus for a while, if he seems fine there's probably nothing to worry about.
My hoggy has his hemipenes out at any opportunity, I try to ignore him. Don't want to offer any encouragement!
Sika Posted - 21/02/2011 : 14:00:47
Btw they did go right back in and nothing wrong to see....

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000