The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Health
 faint trace of blood in faeces

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ascending_endlessly Posted - 20/08/2009 : 18:24:59
hi guys

Im just cleaning out my hoggie, hes about 16 weeks old and was fed last thursday (according to the shop). Anyway, he did a poo on tuesday when i got him, and hes done one this afternoon and there's a very faint trace of blood on the kitchen roll (Im quarantining him at the moment). It's not a huge amount, it can only have been about one drop, but obviously seeing blood im quite worried. Anyway, I was wondering if this sometimes happens or if it's cause for concern. Thanks
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
james Posted - 05/06/2010 : 10:28:03
Most of my females pass small amounts of blood every now and then when they go for a number two - more often than not it is during the breeding season.
Gingerpony Posted - 10/12/2009 : 14:17:44
the sample really needs to be taken to the vet asap for them to either test in-house or send to the lab

sounds like you already have a potential diagnosis so the vet will know what to test for (although you might confuse the receptionist lol) and ideally it should be in a plain clean plastic pot.
sexychef Posted - 10/12/2009 : 11:14:16
thats a good question not sure on the answer but would like to know
ascending_endlessly Posted - 09/12/2009 : 18:27:01
Hi guys (back yet again unfortunately!).

Im taking my hoggie to the vet next week (to have a fecal sample looked at, it's looking like amoebiasis), but he hasnt been eating for the last few weeks. anywho, I have a poo sample now as we speak but wondered how i should store it till next week?! I thought maybe freezer?? (I always seem to ask the best questions :P)
Kazerella Posted - 07/09/2009 : 16:36:32
It might be nothing, but best to check it out. My vet charges £27 for a appointment. Well worth it in my opinion just to put your mind at rest.
ascending_endlessly Posted - 30/08/2009 : 10:57:52
just found like a strand of dry, white mucousy looking stuff hanging from a log in his viv with traces of blood in it :(
this is particularly bad news as im skint at the moment!
Kazerella Posted - 30/08/2009 : 09:48:11
He might still be hungry

You'll know if he's hid it though- the smell in about a day will tell you where it is
ascending_endlessly Posted - 28/08/2009 : 13:17:40
woke up this morning and the pinkie was gone! so, either hes an expert at hiding things, or he's fed! he's very active to say hes just eaten though!
sexychef Posted - 27/08/2009 : 15:14:09
he will eat soon. and glad to hear ther was no blood
ascending_endlessly Posted - 27/08/2009 : 15:03:36
well, he still hadnt eaten the rat this morning so I went into town to get him some pinkies, came back and he'd had a poo and there was no blood at all which is really promising! now if only he'd eat something...... :D
Kazerella Posted - 26/08/2009 : 19:27:35
That's hoggy's for you

Keep us informed. Hopefully it was nothing
ascending_endlessly Posted - 26/08/2009 : 18:44:18
no update as yet, still trying to get him to feed, just split brained a rat pup, if he doesnt take that im going to get some pinkies and try him with those. I did try covering his viv, but he just stayed in his hide sleeping!
Kazerella Posted - 24/08/2009 : 10:10:23
I think that you should get a poo sample done too - it may be a probing injury, but it could also be internal parasites and they will need to be sorted if so.

Kitchen roll is a good substrate for keeping an eye on things

Any update?
sexychef Posted - 20/08/2009 : 23:55:28
quote:
Originally posted by ascending_endlessly

ah ok cool Sexychef, I got a bit carried away lol.

no worries its just so all the info peps give out is in one place.
it helps others who are researching aswell.
ascending_endlessly Posted - 20/08/2009 : 23:40:26
ah ok cool Sexychef, I got a bit carried away lol.

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000