The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Snake Photos
 At last... he s here....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PaulaD Posted - 11/06/2011 : 09:02:34
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PaulaD Posted - 20/06/2011 : 18:04:08
Thanks so much for that link... I ll get looking now, much appreciated. :)
Gmac Posted - 20/06/2011 : 15:44:40
quote:
Originally posted by PaulaD

Am just thrilled with the little guy, he s got such a character too. Flattens himself out to mush when you try to lift him, making it near impossible to get a grip, then shakes his tail like a rattlesnake... He s adorable once out, feeds like a tiger.. Would love some information on that store in Glasgow if possible, thanks agian all.. :)

sorry is proexotics in Greenock just outside Glasgow they also have a shop in Paisley. Both excellent shops, I use them. May be worth giving them a call and the websites below.

www.proexotics.co.uk.
PaulaD Posted - 20/06/2011 : 11:48:43
Thank you all. Yes, I feel like I ve brought home for the first time my fourth child, with this little guy. As you can imagine, I simply cant pass by without looking in at him , I heve him out quite a bit, so he s very much used to being handled. I mean who could nt but pick him up? I ve two westerns, and perhaps its all been luck, but they ve all been fantastic temperments. My friends one puffs up, hisses and throws himself on his back... which was what got me into keeping them. I thought they d all be like that. But mine were all well behaved. So I can only compare his character to that of my westerns. Though I ve never seen them rattle their tails . But thats only if disturbed when he eats. Crystal Palace in London has them in, yes. Unfortunately, and understandably they cant sell me two females, so I ll have to get a pair from them. But its good to have an unrelated male. There s a guy on RFUK with a load redy to go in September hopefully, if all goes well. So, i ll be hoping to get another. He s very reasonable in his prices too. I ll keep you all posted in case anyone would like to own one of these gems!!!!
LouiseB Posted - 18/06/2011 : 10:18:59
He's a stunner. I've never seen a tricolour in the flesh, as it were - how different are they behaviour-wise from the Western hoggy?
CaRDiaK Posted - 17/06/2011 : 10:29:45
Congrats! You know, that's the nicest looking Tri I have seen! You must be very happy indeed! :)
PaulaD Posted - 16/06/2011 : 22:57:29
Am just thrilled with the little guy, he s got such a character too. Flattens himself out to mush when you try to lift him, making it near impossible to get a grip, then shakes his tail like a rattlesnake... He s adorable once out, feeds like a tiger.. Would love some information on that store in Glasgow if possible, thanks agian all.. :)
ravensgirl Posted - 13/06/2011 : 14:01:57
beautiful, love thetri colours!
Toki Posted - 12/06/2011 : 21:31:08
Awww he's a cheeky looking fellow :)
Sika Posted - 12/06/2011 : 10:36:47
He looks so charming :)
Congrats.
Gmac Posted - 11/06/2011 : 16:49:07
Very nice, I do like he tricoulours. our local shop (in glasgow) had them in we saw them the day they got back from Hamm.
PaulaD Posted - 11/06/2011 : 14:46:52
I KNOW!!!!! :) Thanks all.

kdlang Posted - 11/06/2011 : 13:10:34
That is an incredibly gorgeous snake
Mamma Posted - 11/06/2011 : 12:31:36
wow!! stunning
Kehhlyr Posted - 11/06/2011 : 12:15:52
I believe CPR (crystal Palace Reptiles) had Tricoloureds in a little while back. I considered getting a pair myself.

Linky here: http://www.crystalpalacereptiles.com/index.php?option=com_redshop&view=category&cid=13&layout=detail&Itemid=55
Hopefully that should work.
They are the only place I'm aware of in the UK that has these, which is also totally unfair.
PaulaD Posted - 11/06/2011 : 09:07:22
Been looking for a tri coloured for almost a year now, they re hard to get here in Eire. However, patience, perseverence and good timing got this little guy to me... I m hoping to get two young females in the UK next month... Then roll on the next three years till its breeding time. Hopefully Ill be lucky. Love these guys and am delighted to have one, if thats all I ever end up with. He s a great character and feeded. However, any further information on their wherabouts over in the UK would be appreciated. I ll be in the NW region for a week in July... Thans all :)

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000