27 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  09:02:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Paula Dunne

PaulaD
Snake Mite

Ireland
27 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  09:07:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been looking for a tri coloured for almost a year now, they re hard to get here in Eire. However, patience, perseverence and good timing got this little guy to me... I m hoping to get two young females in the UK next month... Then roll on the next three years till its breeding time. Hopefully Ill be lucky. Love these guys and am delighted to have one, if thats all I ever end up with. He s a great character and feeded. However, any further information on their wherabouts over in the UK would be appreciated. I ll be in the NW region for a week in July... Thans all :)

Paula Dunne
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
Hognose Admin

260 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  12:15:52  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I believe CPR (crystal Palace Reptiles) had Tricoloureds in a little while back. I considered getting a pair myself.

Linky here: http://www.crystalpalacereptiles.com/index.php?option=com_redshop&view=category&cid=13&layout=detail&Itemid=55
Hopefully that should work.
They are the only place I'm aware of in the UK that has these, which is also totally unfair.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Hatchling Hoggie

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  12:31:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow!! stunning

Mamma. Location: Dundee

2.0.0 cornsnakes 1.1.0 kingsnakes 0.1.0 western hognose 0.1.0 hog island boa

wishlist: Arizona mountain kingsnake. Tricoloured, western hognose, Thayers kingsnake...pretty much MOAR kingsnakes

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Hatchling Hoggie

United Kingdom
157 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  13:10:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is an incredibly gorgeous snake

1.1.0 Hognose - Mr Hoggie, Miss Piggy
5.4.0 Corns - Swayze (ghost) Izzy (normal) Alice (amel) Peanut (butter motley) Noisy (lavender) Palace (amel) Lizzy (Normal) Connie (normal) Carmellia (butter motley)
0.1.0 cat - kizzy
1.0.0 Foster Dog - Paddy

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

PaulaD
Snake Mite

Ireland
27 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  14:46:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I KNOW!!!!! :) Thanks all.

Paula Dunne
Go to Top of Page

Gmac
Grumpy Scotsman

United Kingdom
155 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  16:49:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice, I do like he tricoulours. our local shop (in glasgow) had them in we saw them the day they got back from Hamm.

Go to Top of Page

Sika
Hatchling Hoggie

105 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  10:36:47  Show Profile  Click to see Sika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
He looks so charming :)
Congrats.

0.1 Corn snake - Motley Sunglow (Aia)
1.0 Hognose - normal (Vitus/Basse)
Go to Top of Page

Toki
Hatchling Hoggie

United Kingdom
166 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  21:31:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww he's a cheeky looking fellow :)

Albino Cali King - Mort
Normal Cornsnake - Red
High Contrast Albino Hognose - Mia
Red Het Hognose - Freddie
Bearded Dragon - Remi
Cats - Jack and Nola
German Shepherd Dog - Kane. R.I.P. Old man, miss you loads xxx

R.I.P. Jango (Yemem Cham) and Toki (Western Hognose) xxxxx
Go to Top of Page

ravensgirl
Snake Mite

29 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  14:01:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
beautiful, love thetri colours!
Go to Top of Page

PaulaD
Snake Mite

Ireland
27 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2011 :  22:57:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am just thrilled with the little guy, he s got such a character too. Flattens himself out to mush when you try to lift him, making it near impossible to get a grip, then shakes his tail like a rattlesnake... He s adorable once out, feeds like a tiger.. Would love some information on that store in Glasgow if possible, thanks agian all.. :)

Paula Dunne
Go to Top of Page

CaRDiaK
Snake Mite

33 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  10:29:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats! You know, that's the nicest looking Tri I have seen! You must be very happy indeed! :)
Go to Top of Page

LouiseB
Yearling Hoggie

United Kingdom
624 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  10:18:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's a stunner. I've never seen a tricolour in the flesh, as it were - how different are they behaviour-wise from the Western hoggy?

1.0.0. Western hognose (Baldrick)
0.1.0. Amel bloodred corn snake (Cornflake)
R.I.P. Bob (Western hognose)
Go to Top of Page

PaulaD
Snake Mite

Ireland
27 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2011 :  11:48:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you all. Yes, I feel like I ve brought home for the first time my fourth child, with this little guy. As you can imagine, I simply cant pass by without looking in at him , I heve him out quite a bit, so he s very much used to being handled. I mean who could nt but pick him up? I ve two westerns, and perhaps its all been luck, but they ve all been fantastic temperments. My friends one puffs up, hisses and throws himself on his back... which was what got me into keeping them. I thought they d all be like that. But mine were all well behaved. So I can only compare his character to that of my westerns. Though I ve never seen them rattle their tails . But thats only if disturbed when he eats. Crystal Palace in London has them in, yes. Unfortunately, and understandably they cant sell me two females, so I ll have to get a pair from them. But its good to have an unrelated male. There s a guy on RFUK with a load redy to go in September hopefully, if all goes well. So, i ll be hoping to get another. He s very reasonable in his prices too. I ll keep you all posted in case anyone would like to own one of these gems!!!!

Paula Dunne
Go to Top of Page

Gmac
Grumpy Scotsman

United Kingdom
155 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2011 :  15:44:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PaulaD

Am just thrilled with the little guy, he s got such a character too. Flattens himself out to mush when you try to lift him, making it near impossible to get a grip, then shakes his tail like a rattlesnake... He s adorable once out, feeds like a tiger.. Would love some information on that store in Glasgow if possible, thanks agian all.. :)

sorry is proexotics in Greenock just outside Glasgow they also have a shop in Paisley. Both excellent shops, I use them. May be worth giving them a call and the websites below.

www.proexotics.co.uk.

Go to Top of Page

PaulaD
Snake Mite

Ireland
27 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2011 :  18:04:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much for that link... I ll get looking now, much appreciated. :)

Paula Dunne
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000