The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Snake - General Keeping Information
 not feeding still

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
keira Posted - 11/09/2011 : 00:32:16
hi all
im getting a bit worried as hermione has taken 2 pinkies since been here but ron still not a thing. all they are doing is hissing and striking. normally i wouldnt worry as im used to royals playing the not feeding game, but these are babies only 6g i have warmed the food, brained it and scented it any ideas?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kdlang Posted - 24/09/2011 : 20:16:48
Fantastic news. long may it continue
keira Posted - 24/09/2011 : 19:10:11
hi all thank you for your comments, good news both have eaten today so looks like ive done it
MrsA82 Posted - 19/09/2011 : 16:31:55
Great news hope he keeps it up :) our little male is only eating when he feels like it at the moment. In the last 3 weeks he's had 1 tiny fuzzy. Tried him last night, but he hissed at it for the first time ever..... That was scary lol
kdlang Posted - 19/09/2011 : 16:08:16
Really pleased to hear he ate for you
LouiseB Posted - 19/09/2011 : 09:53:02
Ha ha, nice one! They can be exasperating, hungry as anything one minute and doing their hunger strike the next.
Bob (the snake formerly known as Chucky!) is doing well, still having a bit of a huff and a puff when he doesn't want to be played with, but he is eating OK and putting on weight.
keira Posted - 18/09/2011 : 23:32:32
hi all
im sooo pleased the little devil ate 2 pinkies saturday no hissing or anythink fingers crossed he is over his little hissy fit lol
andi Posted - 17/09/2011 : 18:09:39
try puttin him into a tiny tub, like the ones u get crickets in, and leave him alone in that with his food no hides or anything, if he has too much space he might not eat, and also check ur stat make sure its working properly and ur mat is working too, but if ur not happy go back to where u bought him and get them to help :o)
keira Posted - 13/09/2011 : 23:25:09
thanks everyone, ill keep persevering im not worried to much yet as they are both still very lively and a joy to handle, we love them to bits they are so cheeky im sure once they start i wont beable to stop them lol.

ill keep you posted
Gmac Posted - 13/09/2011 : 16:57:24
they are young snakes and dont always do what we want them to do, putting 2 snakes in the same housing particularly opp sex snakes is not a good idea. While they are too young to breed if they get content together you may have issues splitting them up when slightly older.
Toki Posted - 13/09/2011 : 14:55:57
I have to do what LouiseB does and apply a bit of pressure on one ours, just rub it on her nose. She then sort of leaps on it and opens her mouth. Our boy hasnt eaten with us yet but we only had him on Friday!

My hoggie before .... we used to have to warm it up, put it in a tub with him, cover him and leave him alone for about 20 mins. He would nto eat if you could see him.

Our young 2 now don't mind, but we have to put it in the tub with tweezers REALLY slowly, or the girl hisses madly and strikes at it.
LouiseB Posted - 13/09/2011 : 09:52:41
I'm not sure - I think keeping them together would make them more likely to go off their food. You would definitely not try to feed them together, in any case, so I would keep on doing what you're doing at the moment.
keira Posted - 13/09/2011 : 00:35:56
hi
they are not losing any weight yet thank goodness, and as weird as it sounds they look like they have grown. i was just wondering the person i bought them off kept thier babies together and mine are seperate. could this be a factor?
LouiseB Posted - 12/09/2011 : 15:49:55
I've found that, with Bob, I can get him to feed when he's a bit reluctant by holding the fuzzy right up against his mouth and applying a bit of gentle pressure. He then opens his mouth and I can pop the fuzzy in.
I think I agree with GrantyBhoy about the scenting, but if you're worried that they're losing weight, then definitely try it. Better to have them reliant on one particular scent than have them starve!
keira Posted - 11/09/2011 : 18:38:07
hi
i have tried all different times of the day my female ate around tea time, i usually feed with tongs but have also left in overnight, they are stroppy little
GrantyBhoy Posted - 11/09/2011 : 13:54:33
What time of day are you feeding them at? and whats your method of feeding (holding the pinkie in tongs or just leavin it lying in with the snake)

and always leave scenting it until a very very last resort, because you dont want to end up relying on a certain scent all the time :)

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000