The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Introductions
 Hello and help

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kitch1982 Posted - 01/04/2010 : 14:33:35
Hi there,

My name is Lee but everyone calls me Kitch, so please feel free to call me that :)

Ok i recently purchased a baby hognose, i was attracted to him in the pet shop cause he was so cute and had such character...basically i loved the way he hissed and puffed himself up when a hand went near him lol. I didn't get him straight away i went home and did some reading and i felt as though this was the snake for me!

I set up his vivarium 24 hours before buying him and its a very small tank, about 60cm x 15cm x 20cm. I bought him about 3 months ago, but since i have had him he hasn't fed once! In this time he shed...about 2 weeks ago. I have offered food at the same time, every week, for the past 3 months but so far unsuccessful. The pet shop told me he was eating pinkies and that is what i have been giving him. I have presented the pinkie in many different ways...even cut it in half! But just wont eat! Is there something wrong with him? Can he starve himself to death?

I am running out of ideas and the pet shop haven't been able to help thus far...anyone have any suggestions? Sorry if this should have been written elsewhere.

Kitch
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hognose360 Posted - 08/04/2010 : 17:29:25
he shoould be fine just keep on trying to feed him and try to feed him the smallest pinkies that you can find
Kitch1982 Posted - 01/04/2010 : 16:56:12
Not sure really cause he is just a baby, about 6-7 inches long!
sexychef Posted - 01/04/2010 : 15:45:14
has he lost any wieght. my male hognose has only just started to eat this year after his fast.

how big is your hoggie?

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000