Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kitch1982
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  14:33:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

My name is Lee but everyone calls me Kitch, so please feel free to call me that :)

Ok i recently purchased a baby hognose, i was attracted to him in the pet shop cause he was so cute and had such character...basically i loved the way he hissed and puffed himself up when a hand went near him lol. I didn't get him straight away i went home and did some reading and i felt as though this was the snake for me!

I set up his vivarium 24 hours before buying him and its a very small tank, about 60cm x 15cm x 20cm. I bought him about 3 months ago, but since i have had him he hasn't fed once! In this time he shed...about 2 weeks ago. I have offered food at the same time, every week, for the past 3 months but so far unsuccessful. The pet shop told me he was eating pinkies and that is what i have been giving him. I have presented the pinkie in many different ways...even cut it in half! But just wont eat! Is there something wrong with him? Can he starve himself to death?

I am running out of ideas and the pet shop haven't been able to help thus far...anyone have any suggestions? Sorry if this should have been written elsewhere.

Kitch

sexychef
Hognose Moderator

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  15:45:14  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
has he lost any wieght. my male hognose has only just started to eat this year after his fast.

how big is your hoggie?

1.0.0 western hognose 1.1.0 royals 2.1.0 corn snake
Go to Top of Page

Kitch1982
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  16:56:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure really cause he is just a baby, about 6-7 inches long!
Go to Top of Page

hognose360
Hatchling Hoggie

Canada
164 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  17:29:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he shoould be fine just keep on trying to feed him and try to feed him the smallest pinkies that you can find
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000