Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

horseynat
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2011 :  20:10:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all,

Got my today hoggie today!! So excited! He (or she not sure) is very sweet and despite not knowing me hasn't hissed or threatened me :)

He's (ill say he for ease lol) is gorgeous but dont have much info on him from the previous owner. Apparently he's 3 but he's quite small i think for that age, probs only 1 and a half foot max.... not sure what type he is so was hoping someone can fill me in? Heres a pic of him :D he is black and yellow underneath

Kehhlyr
Hognose Admin

260 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2011 :  21:07:05  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Looks like a normal hoggie to me.

If you could resize your pics to about 800x600 (1024x768 max) as well would be superb as the pic is massive.
Thanks.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

Gmac
Grumpy Scotsman

United Kingdom
155 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2011 :  21:27:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome

Go to Top of Page

sparkaly
Egg

United Kingdom
78 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2011 :  23:12:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lovely wee hoggy, hi and welcome :)

Go to Top of Page

horseynat
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2011 :  10:31:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks :) i would resize bit not sure how? Do you think he will grow anymore? Also he's about a foot and half the guys been feeding him pinkies... do you think they're suitable?
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
Hognose Admin

260 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2011 :  11:20:24  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ideally the size of the prey item is a mouse size that is not thicker than about 1.5 times the snakes body at the thickest point.
So if the snake is about 1cm thick then a prey item no more than 1.5cm thick.
That's a rough guide, so it will totally depend on the size of the snake.

I've just had a look at imgur.com to see how to make the images smaller, I picked the option under 'image sizes' for a large thumbnail, then used that [IMG] code. Seems to be the perfect size now, although I cannot say with any certainty that it will always work, I'm a photobucket user myself.
There is a sticky in the photos sub-forum of how to upload with photobucket if you're unsure.

Also looking at the pic a bit better, I would say that pinkys are probably to small, maybe small mices or fuzzies would be better.
How many pinks does he have and how often?

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

horseynat
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2011 :  12:18:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought they were too small too, the guy said he fed one one day and one the next. He said he can be abit fuzzy but im thinking of trying a small mouse or fuzzy and see how he goes on that. He's not due anouther feed till tuesday so hopefully he will have settled enough to accept food by then :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000