New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RyanM
Snake Mite

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  14:49:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only one of my females is reaching what I thoungh was full size but after reading some posts here I"m confused. I picjed up this female last year. When I got here her in September, she was 49cm 86gm. That seemed ok on lenght but she seemed very skinny. I feed here an adult mouse every 5-7 days until the last couple of feedings, then I gave her two mice every 7-9 days. She is now 61cm 213gm 9 months later.

I was thinknig that she was getting close to full adult size and then i'm reading on here that some of you females are 800gm! I this really true? Can some of you please post pics and wel as stats age vs length vs weight?

Mandie
Hatchling Hoggie

185 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  23:50:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My female in this pic just under 800gms, she is the exception rather than the rule but they really do come in many different sizes, my smallest adult is 275gms and tiny in comparison.

Last yrs photo's

This is another large female of mine
Go to Top of Page

RyanM
Snake Mite

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  02:09:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So it's really aboutthe individual? I can't wait to see how big she gets. At what age do they kinda flatten out in the growning dept. I know just like other snakes technically they grow forever but there is usually a point where it becomes minimal growth?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000