New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shelly
Egg

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  15:45:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wasnt going to write this as I didn't want people to think I'm a careless owner, its quite the opposite. I want to warn you about the importance of gaurding your heaters and checking them regularly. Sadly my Piglet died two nights ago because he managed to get onto his guarded ceramic bulb and burnt himself to death. How I really do not know? The wire was too small for him to get though and there was nowhere he could force his way through anywhere. Sadly Piglet being his normal stubborn self managed somehow, and doing so coiled around the heat source. The temps were perfect and I really have no idea as to why he did it. I'm completely devastated and heart broken, he was such a character and always put a smile on my face. As a tribute to him and all hoggys in general I do want to get another one, not just yet though. They are amazing little snakes with a personality hell of a lot bigger than themselves.
RIP Piglet, my little dude.

Kehhlyr
Hognose Admin

260 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  18:41:03  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that.
Just shows as well though that even a guarded one can cause problems.
Hope you pick up soon.

-=K

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

Shelly
Egg

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  18:44:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank-you. That's why I though I'd share it with everyone on here. I'd taken every procaution but it goes to show that if a snake is determined enough, they'll still find a way through.
Go to Top of Page

LouiseB
Yearling Hoggie

United Kingdom
624 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2011 :  10:05:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's so horrible, it must have been awful for you to find him like that. I'm feeling a bit tearful at my desk just reading about it, so I can't imagine what you feel like. Hope you feel a bit better soon.

1.0.0. Western hognose (Baldrick)
0.1.0. Amel bloodred corn snake (Cornflake)
R.I.P. Bob (Western hognose)
Go to Top of Page

Shelly
Egg

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2011 :  11:23:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks LouiseB, I'm currently led on my bed having cuddles with my cornsnake, Phoenix. He's cheering me up a bit, still can't quite believe it. I've decided to get another one soon as its really hard looking at an empty viv, thinking of either getting a lavender female and calling her Daisy or another male brown one and calling him Pumba. Not sure where to get a young one from though, any ideas? X
Go to Top of Page

LouiseB
Yearling Hoggie

United Kingdom
624 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2011 :  09:42:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe put a post on the for sale forum and see if anyone near you has some hogs near you? Where did you get your first hog from?

1.0.0. Western hognose (Baldrick)
0.1.0. Amel bloodred corn snake (Cornflake)
R.I.P. Bob (Western hognose)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000