New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crazysnakeman
Snake Mite

18 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  23:34:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,

I have only one hoggy, hes male, 17 months old, and weighs 63 grams. All I would like to be able to do, is compare this with any other peoples male hoggies! I found a couple of growth charts for other species, but nothing for hoggies, I figure with enough data from anyone on here, I might be able to make up a growth chart for anyone on here with queries about their own snake, and how it compares to a "normal" growth rate - if there is such a thing!

So I guess what i'm asking, is for anyone who can help me create this chart, or graph if you like for newbies to compare their snakes to! I remember when I first started out it was one of the most fustrating things, trying to find out if your snake is a good weight! so maybe if I can do this, it will become a good reference for people! who knows.

Anyways if you can help, i'd like to know the age of your snake, male or female, weight, length, and how often its fed. Obviously approximates of these will be fine, its just intended to be a guidline - maybe you guys wont think its a good idea! its just been done for some other species, might be helpful for hoggies too :)

Cheers,
Josh

LouiseB
Yearling Hoggie

United Kingdom
624 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2011 :  13:36:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could give it a go... but I'm not sure if you'll get a big enough sample from this website to make a reliable guide! Anyway, my hoggy is male, he is 30 months old, fed about once a fortnight (on average, that's just how it's worked out with his refusals to eat over the last year...), he's about 18 inches long and weighs 85g.

1.0.0. Western hognose (Baldrick)
0.1.0. Amel bloodred corn snake (Cornflake)
R.I.P. Bob (Western hognose)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000