Pics of some of my collection
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mandie
Hatchling Hoggie

185 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  18:05:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tri coloureds first female, then male both photo's are a couple mths old.

This guy thinks he's a rattler at the very least lol

My big girl - just after she'd laid looking for dinner lol.

Sold as a gloydi (part of a pair) but as gloydi is no longer recognised as a subspecies I'm not sure what she'll do when bred, could be interesting to put her with different males.

She has a rather interesting underbelly, the male is similar but more black.

Albino Female

Pair albino het extra reds

Green het albino female

Mexican's - would be happier if I could do a scale count on these guys, there is such variation in the genus its difficult to be sure without checking facial scales.

Mandie
Hatchling Hoggie

185 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  18:15:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a mixed bag of various westerns with interesting patterns and colouration to them - some are het albino others are poss hets. As an addict I have a bad habit of holding back something that catches my eye and I admit to buying in normals for the same reason.

Female 08

Male's08

Smaller adult female poss gravid at the min.

Female 100% het albino

male 100% het albino

Gloydi male - AWAL at present!

Gloydi female

Father of this years babies with both females

adult male
Go to Top of Page

Technobimbo
Hatchling Hoggie

United Kingdom
156 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  21:43:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have some lovely hoggies there.... sorry for ignorance, but whats a gloydi??

Go to Top of Page

BerlinHogs
Snake Mite

Germany
21 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  22:09:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
greate colection!
I like the Tri coloureds!!

Greetings from Berlin
Stefan
www.Reptiles-Breeding-Enterprise.com
Go to Top of Page

Mandie
Hatchling Hoggie

185 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  23:09:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gloydi are commonly known as Dusty's in the USA but as they've now been declassified the name has been dropped but most still use it to cover the variation that is seen as a regional version of normal.

You see similar in corns in the miami's and Carolina's still normals but with colour variations you see in no other region of their habitat.
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Hognose Admin

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  10:36:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gorgeous snakes, it's good to have you here.

Not only because you've got some different morphs, but you've got adults too. Most of us on here only have babies

Go to Top of Page

Mandie
Hatchling Hoggie

185 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  12:11:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks its taken a while to get the collection together, I would be importing more if I had the funds but as I'm disabled I have carers to pay too lol.

I've got some babies to sell but not worried about them going for a while, let the recession get on with sorting itself for a while as there seems to be a lot of reps being sold at present or is that attempted to be sold.

My next morph is going to be the Anery from Europe both visual and some hets, got my orders in just hope they breed and the Euro loses a bit of value otherwise I'll be selling my body on the streets I think
Go to Top of Page

Technobimbo
Hatchling Hoggie

United Kingdom
156 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  13:06:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tried that... punters take one look and run away screaming... but on a more serious note, I am considering buying another younster around the same age as Horace (hatched July this year), but would like a different colour - so would be interested to know if you have anything that you may have in any other coloration..... preferably female, as I may eventually get adventurous enough to have a go at breeding them when the right age, just for my own pleasure / interest... (not to forget that I believe everything that can procreate should have the opportunity)

Go to Top of Page

Mandie
Hatchling Hoggie

185 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  23:06:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As Berlinhog will attest even with normals you get a great deal of variation in colouration and patterns. If you look at the variety in the westerns I've posted here you can see in 1 small clutch of 08's hatched begining november how different in colour and pattern they all are. Very pleased with them had 3 feeds so far, can see me keeping at least 1 of the males to put to the green female in a couple of yrs just to see what we get.
Go to Top of Page

TommyC
Snake Mite

Zimbabwe
11 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2009 :  17:11:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very lovely pics
Go to Top of Page

spud
Snake Mite

5 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2009 :  11:02:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mandie i luv your collection dont suppose you can point me in the wright direction of where to buy tricolours or het albino these by far are my favs in my collection of snakes and cant wait to get some other types of hognoses
Go to Top of Page

Mandie
Hatchling Hoggie

185 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  11:31:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Albino's and hets I'd recommend Penfold down in plymouth - he does all the shows around the country too, another is Dave at Scales and Tails in Leics he's been working with various bloodlines for a few yrs now. Another 1 of know of who's got 2 clutches of het albino's is Hogboy in london, pm me for contact details - don't want to post up other forum details here lol.

As for Tri's at present I don't know of anyone breeding but you could try Hognose.co.uk, I dropped lucky on my pair at Shropshire Exotics just happend on them so purchased lol.
Go to Top of Page

Bigdave
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2009 :  20:39:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mandie
you must have one of the best collections ive seen. Fantastic to see grown on snakes especially the tri colours, hope mine look as good one day. your albinos are amazing as well if ever she breeds i would be very interested

Spud as Mandie says try hognose uk Barry is regularly breeding tricolours I had a trio off him last year

Western Hognose 5.8.1
Tri colour hognose 1.2.0
Blonde Madagascan Hognose 1.1.0
Giant Madagascan Hognose 0.1.0
Bull 1.1.0
Common Boa 1.1.0
Royal Python 1.1.1
Corns Butter1.1 Snow Sripe 0.1 Caramel 4.1
Abbots 0.1 Anery Aztec 0.1.0 Lavender stripe 0.0.1 Stripe Corn 0.2
Amel stripe 1.0 Crimson 1.0 Normal 4.4.0 Charcoal 0.1.0 Ghost 0.3
Bloodred 0.1 Snow 1.2
Hypo 0.1

3.7.0 leopard gecko
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
Go to Top of Page

Mandie
Hatchling Hoggie

185 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2009 :  09:53:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hognose UK is now someone else Barry has left the country by all accounts. The guy who now runs/owns the website was after some of my guys - had a bad period with my disability and totally lost interest in the snakes only just starting to recover hence minimal activity.

Thanks Bigdave almost didn't have the collection a little while back but things are getting better.
Go to Top of Page

Bigdave
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2009 :  13:20:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry to hear that Mandie hope your having better times now

Barry has been talking about emigrating for years so looks like hes finally done it

Western Hognose 5.8.1
Tri colour hognose 1.2.0
Blonde Madagascan Hognose 1.1.0
Giant Madagascan Hognose 0.1.0
Bull 1.1.0
Common Boa 1.1.0
Royal Python 1.1.1
Corns Butter1.1 Snow Sripe 0.1 Caramel 4.1
Abbots 0.1 Anery Aztec 0.1.0 Lavender stripe 0.0.1 Stripe Corn 0.2
Amel stripe 1.0 Crimson 1.0 Normal 4.4.0 Charcoal 0.1.0 Ghost 0.3
Bloodred 0.1 Snow 1.2
Hypo 0.1