Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stickbow
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  14:59:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi There
Well I got home a couple of nights ago and defrosted 2 small mice, warmed them up a bit and thoroughly washed my hands and then used a bit of alcahol gel and rubbed it well in and let it evaporate, I picked up my male hoggie from his viv and placed him in a small feeding box ready for his food and then picked out the female from her viv and put her in her usual box and as I let her go, as calm as anything she just turned her head and bit into my finger, there was no hissing no striking just a slow bite, all I felt were pin pricks, very sharp but no real pain and she let go straight away. I think there could have been a smell in her feeding box and she saw something move and went for it, but she sure took the mouse fast when I put it in.
No pain or swelling so I figure it was a dry bit or just her normal teeth as apposed to her fangs. I still love them both though and would not change them. I took her out again as soon as she started tapping her glass and she was fine, a real fun friendly girl.

LouiseB
Yearling Hoggie

United Kingdom
624 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  11:38:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure that if you were going to have a reaction, it would have happened by now, so probably no venom involved. Gotta love those unpredictable hoggies! I've only been bitten once, at feeding time, and it was a slow, deliberate bite like yours did. But my hoggy bites his prey in that way too, so I think he just thought my finger was an extra-large pinky...

1.0.0. Western hognose (Baldrick)
0.1.0. Amel bloodred corn snake (Cornflake)
R.I.P. Bob (Western hognose)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000