New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

talkativesprout
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  21:10:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi peeps, had sergie for a few weeks now, so I'm getting used to hoggies tendencies for being a nasty bag of kats. He/she came with little information other than the owner could no longer take care of it due to serious I'll health. A member of the owners family dropped him/her off not knowing a lot just glad they didn't get left with it.

Sergie is just over two foot long and weighs 110 grm, I know this question is going to be a guestimate but any ideas on how old it is or probably how old it's not would be more accurate

I don't know sergies sex either but the tail gradually tapers if that makes guessing easier like with corns

LDP
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  22:42:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe the adult size of a male is substantially smaller than that of a female so I think before you could make a guess you'd have to know the sex.

I think our female is about 2+ years (the Mrs knows better than me) and approx 2.5 foot long ain't got a clue what she weighs though.

Old Pics

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Hognose Moderator

United Kingdom
117 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  09:28:04  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
and it depends on the specific species.... eg. magadascans get way bigger than, say, westerns...

6.4.0 Corn snakes www.thecornsnake.co.uk
2.1.0 Dumerils boas
0.1.0 Argentine x BCI err... www.therainbowboa.co.uk
www.theroyalpython.co.uk
www.thekingsnake.co.uk

Edited by - Gingerpony on 26/10/2009 09:28:17
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Hognose Admin

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  10:59:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it'll be hard to guess the age from length. Wilbur is about 1ft and two years old, but I've seen females that were twice his size and half his age, so it's dependant on how well they feed I suppose.

Go to Top of Page

talkativesprout
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2009 :  07:26:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought it would be hard to answer, but thanx anyway , I will try to post a pic soon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000