The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Health
 FINALLY she ATE!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sullysteve Posted - 28/12/2010 : 18:14:18
For those of you who know about my Pixie not eating.....well she is now!!!

i have to say it was a very slow operation!

see bolow a list of what i tried.

-leaving in a small tub overnight with the pinkie in
-making the pinkie jump like a frog
-brain exposure
-scenting with a TIN of tuna. Notice i said tin.
-Scenting with a slice of REAL UNCOOKED TUNA......And thats the daddy!! Scent with a piece of fine dolphin friendly tuna steak.

I have now kept a small piece of dolphin friendly tuna in the freezer for each feed.

The crazy thing is, everyone says its males that a fussier than females....well my fussy one is female and i also own a male hoggie who is a gannet!!
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tiffany-x Posted - 06/01/2011 : 11:15:19
Sul hogs have always been my soft spot, Im looking to get one in the summer along with a plasma corn to be our Laceys boyfriend!! :P I will have on soon, they are complete and utter cuties, even if they are devils to feed! xD Its good to know Pixie is doing well now. :) I swear just recently you have suddenly made a huge increase in your snakie population!
Tiffany-x
LouiseB Posted - 04/01/2011 : 13:27:57
I've been told that cod liver oil has much the same effect, but I've never tried it myself!
Ozz465 Posted - 03/01/2011 : 05:54:57
quote:
Originally posted by sullysteve

quote:
Originally posted by Ozz465

IM in the same boat ,my female is off feed for a month now , 4 months old , male is the same age and 3+ times her size and eats great , gotta try the tuna now thx for the tip.

Have you tried?

Another great tip.....give her some privacy whilst eating. i just leave it with her and within ten minutes its gone!!! Quite cute to be honest!!

Not yet , actual tuna here is rare , going to give it a go with canned tuna and see what happens .
sullysteve Posted - 02/01/2011 : 15:52:15
quote:
Originally posted by Ozz465

IM in the same boat ,my female is off feed for a month now , 4 months old , male is the same age and 3+ times her size and eats great , gotta try the tuna now thx for the tip.

Have you tried?

Another great tip.....give her some privacy whilst eating. i just leave it with her and within ten minutes its gone!!! Quite cute to be honest!!
sullysteve Posted - 29/12/2010 : 20:02:08
Hey Tiff, what you doing over here.......you got the bug aint ya....you want a hog now.....1 corn aint enough!!

lol
Tiffany-x Posted - 29/12/2010 : 12:16:08
Aww, thats great that she finally took it! Bless her. :P
Tiffany-x
sullysteve Posted - 29/12/2010 : 07:18:18
No probs.

Let us know how you get on!
Ozz465 Posted - 29/12/2010 : 04:39:13

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000