The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Happy days!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Louise Posted - 12/05/2011 : 12:20:46
Hufflepuff took his 3rd feed today since fasting for 7 weeks. He took it with no problem or hesitation (although always eats his mice bum first ).

He's also great to handle now and doesn't panic or hiss or musk. He lets me pick him straigh up and is vey calm.

So pleased that he is now settled. It's taken 2 months but been worth it. He's such a cute little guy.

Next step in a few weeks will be to move him into a nice 2ft viv.

I'm one very happy hoggie owner
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Chunnetter Posted - 30/06/2011 : 04:41:55

Mamma Posted - 26/05/2011 : 13:07:57
Kehhlyr Posted - 13/05/2011 : 23:51:30
If I want to straighten my skins out if they're crispy ones I put them somewhere nice and humid or give them a light misting to dampen them back up. It makes them supple again. All you then have to do is straighten.
LouiseB Posted - 13/05/2011 : 09:45:11
Baldrick did a good shed last night too - just a little bit left on the end of his snout which fell off of its own accord.
I find that if you get the skins while they're still damp, they do straighten out nicely, so I reckon yours was crispy because it was on the warm side.
kdlang Posted - 12/05/2011 : 22:22:58
Woohoo Well done. Good news on my side as well. Mr Hoggie ate one of the 2 salmon scented pinkies I gave him. I was going to scent with sardines but since he hadn't been as active I took the chance that he might be coming out of horny male mode and stuck with what he was used to. He seems to only like one mouse at a time tho so will have to give him a bigger mouse next time. He is big enough for a bigger size, I just wanted to use up the pinkies I have got left.

Miss Piggy has had her first shed with me. Perfect except for the tail tip which came off with some damp kitchen roll. She was really good while I was doing it. I don't know whether it was because she did it on the warm side of her faun or because hoggy skin is different to corn skin but it was much crispier than I am used to. I couldn't straighten it out like I usually can my corns.
Chromisca Posted - 12/05/2011 : 15:57:28
quote:
Originally posted by MrsA82

Congrats! Great news!

Peppa took her 2 feed today. Took a sardine scented mouse (mmmm.. Tasty) has been dancing up the front of her tank very day since her last feed. Extremely hissy after feeding, but think it's cause I took the sardine away before she ate it

Two for two! And for the Hat Trick... Boss also ate on Monday, but that's not news... fatty's only refused twice on me: the first week I offered after getting him, and a few weeks ago he decided he just was not into it.

But I can totally sympathize having problematic feeders in the past, god it's annoying!!
MrsA82 Posted - 12/05/2011 : 14:24:48
Congrats! Great news!

Peppa took her 2 feed today. Took a sardine scented mouse (mmmm.. Tasty) has been dancing up the front of her tank very day since her last feed. Extremely hissy after feeding, but think it's cause I took the sardine away before she ate it

CaRDiaK Posted - 12/05/2011 : 14:22:27
Congratulations!

I've had to have CaRDiaK Assist fed on a mouse's tail after 10 weeks of trying everything as he was loosing weight. Back up to what he was 6.5g but he's a very skinny fella :( Poor snake. Hopefully he will start taking soon.

Very happy for you, must be a real weight off of your shoulders :)

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000