The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Where do I go from here??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MrsA82 Posted - 06/05/2011 : 20:29:56
In 8 weeks peppa has had 1 pinkie. Where as before she was on 2 fuzzies or a small mouse. She's lost 6g from 58-52g. But I can't get her eating. I have tried EVERYTHING!!!!
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MrsA82 Posted - 11/05/2011 : 11:21:05
Oh how glad I am she has eaten something
Chromisca Posted - 11/05/2011 : 11:10:43
This is precisely why I never took pictures of it! Blech! But yes, our Kitchen was host to Fear Factor for a bit
kdlang Posted - 11/05/2011 : 10:15:00
Hmmmm iv just eaten my breakfast thanks K. Your not the only one that eats brekkie while checking the forums lou lol
LouiseB Posted - 11/05/2011 : 10:03:40
Thanks for that - I was just about to have a mid-morning biscuit, but somehow I seem to have gone off the idea...
Louise Posted - 11/05/2011 : 07:42:15
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:
Originally posted by Chromisca

Pinkie smoothies???

And I thought I was disgusting for putting mealworms in our blender to make leopard gecko slurry...

Yummy, Mealie slurry.

I've done that in the past as well. I used to then put it into the little cube trays that bloodworm come in so I could keep some frozen.

In fact, it may be worth doing that as well if you end up making a fair bit of pinky smoothie, put it into the little cube trays you can get.

/edited to add:
Shockingly I just washed it up and still use that blender.
I have bought a small hand held liquidiser that I removed part of the safety surround thing that I use when have to do pinkys or softworms now.

It's early, I am eating my breakfast while checking the forums.......

Kehhlyr Posted - 10/05/2011 : 23:47:39
quote:
Originally posted by Chromisca

Pinkie smoothies???

And I thought I was disgusting for putting mealworms in our blender to make leopard gecko slurry...

Yummy, Mealie slurry.

I've done that in the past as well. I used to then put it into the little cube trays that bloodworm come in so I could keep some frozen.

In fact, it may be worth doing that as well if you end up making a fair bit of pinky smoothie, put it into the little cube trays you can get.

/edited to add:
Shockingly I just washed it up and still use that blender.
I have bought a small hand held liquidiser that I removed part of the safety surround thing that I use when have to do pinkys or softworms now.
Chromisca Posted - 09/05/2011 : 10:09:39
We've got a little cheap blender that I've used twice, once was to make goldfish food, the second time was for the gecko slurry. We've never used it for people food (and this is our only blender), so personally... if I HAD to make pinkie smoothies, I'd have no problem doing it in there. But I would definitely think twice before mixing up food for us to eat in there!
LouiseB Posted - 09/05/2011 : 09:52:19
Yuk to the pinkie smoothies - but it does sound like a good idea. Do you use your actual food processor?? Or do you have a special one just for that purpose? I can't imagine wanting to use it for anything else after th epinkies had been in it...
Chromisca Posted - 08/05/2011 : 13:56:02
Pinkie smoothies???

MrsA82 Posted - 08/05/2011 : 07:48:58
Well on done on getting yours to feed!

Hopefully she will just decide it's time soon still got a few more tricks to try before I panic then
Louise Posted - 07/05/2011 : 23:38:48
I agree, don't panic. I tried all the things you do to, even live and had no luck, then last week I tried him in a feeding tub, with a fresh killed mouse fuzzy and he went for it.

Did the same again today and he ate a small mouse, no hesitation at all. Yet when I tried this over the last 6 weeks he didn't want to know. I guess he just decided it was time to start eating again.

Hopefully yours will eat soon. Just got to wait, which is hard I know.

MrsA82 Posted - 07/05/2011 : 18:53:20
That sounds absolutely disgusting but will give it a go!! Just dont know when to start worrying??
Kehhlyr Posted - 07/05/2011 : 18:47:09
At the moment, I wouldn't panic or worry to much.
6g is not a lot of weight at all, especially when at 50g. Just give her some more time, maybe practically ignore her for a week or 2 only going to change the water.
Have you tried pinky smoothies yet??

Ages ago with a non-feeder of mine I removed the water bowl for about 3-4 days, then blended a pinkie up and put the smoothied pinky into a ramakin with a couple tablespoons of water. The water was needed, then the feeding response kicked in because of lovely pinky flavour.
MrsA82 Posted - 07/05/2011 : 16:58:33
I've scented, warmed up, left overnight, put in tiny tub, brained, and stabbed abdomen. Tried one live too- something I've never wanted to resort too. Nothing has worked!
Chromisca Posted - 07/05/2011 : 16:16:57
What things have you tried? I've heard of warming up prey after thawed with a hair dryer, scenting with egg and tuna (which usually seems to work). The breeder I got Boss from also said in a pinch, if NOTHING works, get a small tree frog as a pet and gently rub the prey item on the frog to pick up its scent. Don't know how great that is for the frog, but I've never had to do that yet!

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000