The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Housing advice

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MrsA82 Posted - 29/04/2011 : 21:13:55
Poor peppa my non eating hoggie has been a bit disrupted regarding her home. She came to me in a fish tank. I moved her into a 9l rub with Aspen (auboise) substrate 2" deep. She's in a rub rack. After deciding to bury her food, I've changed to kitchen roll. Now she can't dig

She's constantly at the front of her rub looking out at the world go by

I know she's probably got stressed by all the changes I've made bless her. So now I wanna get her set up right once and for all!! I have available a 9l RUB OR A 12x12x12 exo terra terrium she can have, Aspen, kitchen roll or wood chips substrate

What would you suggest would be the best for her?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LouiseB Posted - 03/05/2011 : 09:20:07
Bit of a late reply, but I think it's important that they can dig if they want to. If you wanted to avoid disrupting her for now, you could always make a little digging corner out of aspen on one side of the RUB, and then take her out and put her in another box when you want to feed her.
MrsA82 Posted - 30/04/2011 : 17:49:16
Maybe if mine was older we should just put them together and be done with it lol, give them both an appetite!
Louise Posted - 30/04/2011 : 11:37:31
See with mine being male I think he is just horny so I think he will feed at some point so I'm not too worried.

I think I might order a viv next week as planned and move him over. If he seems stressed I can easily move him back.

Maybe the exercise he will get from pacing around a 2ft viv looking for ladies might give him an appetite!
MrsA82 Posted - 30/04/2011 : 06:47:19
She's about 15"

I have also been playing with the idea of a 2ft viv thinking maybe she would enjoy the room being able to roam and dig, as there is not alot of room in her rub or the exo terra to be honest. Was gonna do it like you wait til she's got feeding then move her. But maybe it's the cramped conditions she's not happy with?? Oh I don't know more stress than our royals she is lol!!
Louise Posted - 29/04/2011 : 23:14:43
How big is she?

My plan is to put Huffle in a 2ft viv asap but with him not feeding I don't know whats best to do now!

He's in a small faunarium right now but this was just for a few weeks while he settled and to keep an eye on poops and any chance of mites etc. I wanted to get him in a viv at the end of the month but seeing as he has not once eaten I dont know if it's a good idea!

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000