The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Can too small a prey make them refuse?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MrsA82 Posted - 23/04/2011 : 16:49:55
When I brought peppa was told she was a pig on 2 fuzzies, but still unable to get her to eat I contacted her previous owner about her old eating habits. She said she would drop feed and it would be eaten within 15 mins.

She said she would also eat small mice. I'm wondering as I've tried fuzzies and large pinkies if she's refusing as they are too small if she's eaten small mice before?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mandie Posted - 23/04/2011 : 22:29:25
Another new one I've discovered this season with some very stubborn red albino's was stabbing thru the belly as well as braining. My female was starting to worry me after her brumation until I got the temps wrong on the water for warming and split a belly that way, she went straight for the body cavity and folded her dinner in half gory but effective!

Sometimes the good old take em for a ride in the car for half hr is the best cure for non feeding in hognose, food size generally doesn't matter to a hognose I've given alsorts of sizes to my biggest girl when they're left over.
hogboy Posted - 23/04/2011 : 19:21:22
Try feeding with tongs, just gently rub the mouse around its mouth, some of mine drop feed, others respond well the the tongs.
Good luck
MrsA82 Posted - 23/04/2011 : 18:39:05
Mines at 32-33 never hotter or lower than that. I've just put her brained mouse in. She's stuck her head out for a sniff head butted it and is currently giving it the eye most interested she has been
hogboy Posted - 23/04/2011 : 18:21:00
What temp is their Hotspot ?
Louise Posted - 23/04/2011 : 17:15:18
I was told similar by my hoggies breeder. He was a pig and was eating small mice, rat pups, double fuzzies and chicks feet!

So far I have tried him on all the above but not chicks feet but he's just not interested.

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000