The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 General Posts
 aquatic hoggie?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Chae Posted - 13/07/2010 : 14:41:11
it seems that Seth has taken a strong liking to his water bowl. He curls up in it quite frequently. I know that these snakes are not aquatic, so I was wondering if anyone has experienced this as well or knows why he might be doing this? My husband, Nick, thinks it is because he is too hot..

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dano Posted - 01/09/2010 : 20:22:08
ha ha well mine just went for a swim as he was on my shoulder whilst i was cleaning his water bowl in the sink and he fell in!!!!!, ha ha he poked his head out of the water and had soap suds on his nose
Keri Posted - 24/07/2010 : 04:58:49
Mine does this as well - with plenty of hides, the correct temps and no mites. Often times I will find him with just part of himself "dipped" in the pool lol.
Chae Posted - 22/07/2010 : 17:05:40
no mites, and the viv isn't too hot. possibly just wanted it as a hiding spot since it was his first day home. :) he has adjusted well and seems very happy.
Kazerella Posted - 22/07/2010 : 14:30:34
Plus look for little black spots in the water just in case it is a mite thing. Hopefully not though as mites are a right pain in the bum
LouiseB Posted - 15/07/2010 : 14:12:37
Not much to add as the other two posters have it covered, but do you have a thermostat in the viv? Make sure it's not set too high if you do have one and, if not, it's worth investing.
sexychef Posted - 14/07/2010 : 17:21:38
as above. or possible to help it shed.
Andy_G Posted - 14/07/2010 : 00:04:45
Usually too warm or insecure due to lack of a hiding space. They will also soak if there is a mite problem.

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000