The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 General Posts
 hmmmmm

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Carolyn Posted - 08/10/2009 : 21:42:32
hello everyone!

still very new to this so i thought i would write and see if my hoggies behaviour is normal! Lady seems really happy all the time mooching around her viv digging holes and hiding! see eats regularly and is very very cute!

unfortunately she doesn't seem to like me! as soon as she sees me she puffs up and the minute she hears the key in her lock she hisses. a lot!

just wondering whether there was anything I could do to make her like me more?she was fine with her previous owner and he had her about 3 years?

Any help?????
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kazerella Posted - 26/10/2009 : 11:08:35
I don't mind the hissing and huffing, but the smell he gives off when threatened is awful
dnlbwls Posted - 21/10/2009 : 08:40:56
only had 1 out of 20 want to have a go lol
strike hiss strike and hiss strike go mad strike again lol
all the others seem so cute and will readily come out and say hi on you(apart from the odd mustard on you lol)
hc-burrel Posted - 20/10/2009 : 23:56:18
One of the 2009 hatchlings is a very angry hognose :P he puff's, put up his wide neck, strikes and also bites.
And he's the smallest of the nest, he's about 12cm rightnow.

My adult breeding male(2006) is also very agressive, realy good at pretending he's a cobra :P he also puff's realy loud and strikes with closed mouth.
But when handled the real him seems to be a very soft hoggie and not so tough after al :P :P

And my green phase het-albino female looks like a friendly currious hoggie wanna check you out, but when she's close enough she bites with out any warning. Nu flatten neck of puff's, strikes ore anything, she just bites you.
Lately she bites every thing that comes close to her, the hook or even a book.

The other 11 hognose are very cute and friendly, no agresive behaviour at al.
But I like the agresive ones more :P, thats the way a hognose should be. Being a bit agresive is very natural and normal behaviour voor a hognose.
GrTz

Edited due to non child-friendly language
eggy22 Posted - 15/10/2009 : 15:29:16
lol, never had that tho!!
Carolyn Posted - 14/10/2009 : 22:06:05
awesome! Lady got so stressed today that she half played dead! never seen it in real life before. She is funny.
eggy22 Posted - 14/10/2009 : 15:26:16
ive had mine about 3 months now and picked him up every day, and he still hates me lol.
Carolyn Posted - 12/10/2009 : 20:13:39
I still get a bit worried that I'm stressing her out when I think about getting her out??
stiggle_2 Posted - 12/10/2009 : 15:56:56
:-) lol, huff and puff and bravado are probably the three best words in the english language to describe a hoggie!
Bigdave Posted - 11/10/2009 : 17:02:12
not unusual at all with hoggies
lots of huff and puff and bravado but when you get them out its surrender and acceptance just part of their charecter
Carolyn Posted - 11/10/2009 : 13:12:23
Thats what I figured.....thanks for the advice!
stiggle_2 Posted - 10/10/2009 : 10:51:25
Clarice was the same when i first got her, i just kept handling her for short periods of time quite regularly and i made sure my hands were clean and that i washed my hands with the same soap so she got used to the smell. She still hisses a little bit, but i take that to be that she is a bit territorial, she is fine now outside her viv. I think its just a case of being patient, and gentle. It takes time for any animal to get used to a new owner.

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000