The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Snake Photos
 My first hognose , Teal'c

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mnementh Posted - 23/05/2011 : 15:54:55
Heyup

Been dying to get one of these for a while , I think I got the nastiest , feistiest , horneriest patterned shoelace ever .

When I first got him about 5 weeks ago he would'nt feed , all he would do is launch himself off any surface he was on to get at you , you could be 6 foot away and he would still hiss and jump , also musked every time , not a happy bunny at all .
Left him alone and covered for up to a week before attempting to feed again , with exactly the same results , hissing , launching etc , once he jumped up so high he came down and landed fully curled up in his tiny waterbowl , at least I got a laugh out of him .
Anyway , this went on for a number of weeks and to cut a long story short , the shop decided to come and pick him up to get him back feeding . Guy arrives , I remove the hognose , nothing , not a hiss , nothing . I'm like hold on , watch this , put him down , picked him up 4 seperate times.... nothing , the most placid snake you are ever likely to meet , needless to say got a funny look of the shop guy :P

Anyway , 3 days later , just 3 , I get a phone call , erm your hognose just ate ....... I'm like woah . We make arrangements for me to go down next the next weekend to watch him feed , This he did after a couple of hisses and the pinkie been left for all of 1 minute .
So I bring him home , after a few days had to change the kitchen roll afer he did his business , let me do it no probs . Feeding day comes around , now the only thing I did try was a large set of tweezers , so my huge hand did'nt frighten him , he hissed and headbutted a few times but took the pinky and gobbled it down . So , without further ado may I introduce Teal'c .

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mamma Posted - 26/05/2011 : 11:48:05
awww so tiny!!
Mnementh Posted - 25/05/2011 : 11:35:38
quote:

haha, Teal'c was my favorite character on there, his facial expressions were awesome.
Congratulations! We need more shovelface love in the world! He sounds like quite the charmer!

Indeed

Chromisca Posted - 25/05/2011 : 01:20:11
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Yay hello Teal'c.
And Hello SG-1 fan as well.

haha, Teal'c was my favorite character on there, his facial expressions were awesome.

Congratulations! We need more shovelface love in the world! He sounds like quite the charmer!
Mnementh Posted - 24/05/2011 : 14:47:07
I'm pleased to report that after a lot of hissing and striking out , he gobbled up a pinky :)

only took around 45 seconds for him to grab it :)

Actually he's wandering around looking for more by the looks . Bit little for 2 though :P
LouiseB Posted - 24/05/2011 : 14:04:09
He does seem to be unusually feisty, but now that you've got him feeding I'm sure he'll be fine in the future.
Given his stroppiness, perhaps Bast would have been a more suitable Egyptian-style name... The most important thing is to give your pets names that you don't mind having shouted out in the vet's waiting room. My snakes' names are kind of borderline in this respect!
Mnementh Posted - 24/05/2011 : 11:58:54
Thanks everyone , feeding time today so fingers crossed .

@ Louiseb yeah it's a sci-fi thing :) all my snakes are named after egyptian gods and rulers , I've just got my older 2 girls watching all of stargate again with me and their favourite character is Teal'c , when I brought the hoggie home they said immediately what they wanted to call him so I agreed with it all being about egypt etc :)
LouiseB Posted - 24/05/2011 : 09:16:34
He's very handsome! I do like the patterned shoelace description - very accurate for a hoggy.
I don't get the name, though... is it some sort of sci-fi thing??
Louise Posted - 24/05/2011 : 07:35:33
Awww, so tiny!
Kehhlyr Posted - 23/05/2011 : 23:32:53
Yay hello Teal'c.
And Hello SG-1 fan as well.
kdlang Posted - 23/05/2011 : 23:10:50
Gorgeous. Glad he has setled down and started eating for you. I absolutely love his name

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000