The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Snake Photos
 2 headed hognose

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
RedHog Posted - 23/05/2011 : 10:45:50
One of my eggs didn't hatch so I opened the egg and this 2 headed hognose was inside, it was fully formed but obviously died just days before it was due to hatch.

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
RedHog Posted - 10/10/2011 : 08:36:04
Hi there, yes I have the snake in a freezer.
Originally a clutch of 11 eggs was laid, however only 6 of these were good, i incubated them between 80 - 84 f and after 57 days on the 23rd may 2011 the first baby started to pip, 4 others followed shortly after, the 6th egg still looked good at this point so I waited another 2 days for it to hatch but on the 3rd day I decided to slit the egg, when I opened the egg the snake was perfectly formed.
This was the first clutch I have ever produced.

Dr. Van please contact me for more details
andi Posted - 07/10/2011 : 21:05:04
i was just gonna say, put him into cold storage (freezer) and get in touch with a herpatologist for data collection, or in contact with a university science department etc....
dicephalics Posted - 03/10/2011 : 04:23:47
What a pity about your two headed hognose. I study two headed snakes and want to get more data on your specimen for documentation. Did you preserve (or freeze) it? When was it "born"? How long was it? What was the clutch size? Have you had any two-headers before? How many snakes have you hatched in your lifetime? Thanks, Dr. Van
dicephalics Posted - 03/10/2011 : 04:19:30
quote:
Originally posted by RedHog

One of my eggs didn't hatch so I opened the egg and this 2 headed hognose was inside, it was fully formed but obviously died just days before it was due to hatch.

Mamma Posted - 26/05/2011 : 11:41:18
wee shame. xxx
RedHog Posted - 23/05/2011 : 13:03:38
Yes some do live and do very well, I think it depends on where and how close the heads have joined, some iv seen that have done well were joined a little lower, ie..at the neck
LouiseB Posted - 23/05/2011 : 12:59:24
Crikey - that is a bit scary! Although the one on the video had two distinct heads, whereas RedHog's one seemed to have a deformed skull, which I think would have caused more problems. Nature is weird sometimes!
Louise Posted - 23/05/2011 : 12:27:06
Aww, poor little thing.

Might not have died if it hatched, look on youtube, there are loads of 2 headed snakes and many seem to do quite well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMDcKwV9sBs
kdlang Posted - 23/05/2011 : 11:34:00
Awwww poor thing. Sometimes nature is cruel but it sorts itself out
Sika Posted - 23/05/2011 : 11:27:20
Auw, poor little babe - rest in peace xx
LouiseB Posted - 23/05/2011 : 11:25:41
Eww, that's nasty... just as well it didn't hatch, really, I don't suppose it would have lasted very long. Have you ever seen anything like that before?

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000