The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Snake Photos
 Picked her up today :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sparkaly Posted - 13/03/2011 : 13:44:01
Well look who I picked up today. This is Matilda she's about 6/7 months old and weighed in at 14grams. Piccys taken just before putting her in her new house. Now she can settle in nice and quiet for a week.

Never seen anything so small make a big hiss LOL

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sparkaly Posted - 15/03/2011 : 14:50:55
Cheers LouiseB will see how she goes with one pinkie every 3-4 days until she has grown a bit :)
LouiseB Posted - 15/03/2011 : 12:14:04
You could try defrosting two pinkies, and then offering the second one if she eats the first fairly quickly.
TBH, though, she looks like she might be a bit too small to be on two pinkies per feed, so it might be best to feed her one every 3-4 days instead.
Kehhlyr Posted - 14/03/2011 : 23:49:32
Yay for hoggies and their best impressions of scary snakes.
It only makes them nicer, surprisingly if one of the kings hissed at me, I'd slow down and take stock of what I'm doing but with the hogs I just ignore them.
kdlang Posted - 14/03/2011 : 22:56:18
She is gorgeous. Congrats
sparkaly Posted - 14/03/2011 : 20:49:24
LOL yep lots of noise for a diddy one, I really couldn't believe all the hissing she was doing with the funny corbra impersonation and quite loud too...........think this girl has attitude :) was so hard to take her serious as shes no bigger than a big worm ha ha.
I'll let you all know when she has settled and eaten.
The guy who I got her off said she was eating 1 x pinky but also said she would easily take 2 pinkies a week.
What's your thoughts, should I give her 1 pinky and if she takes it easy try her with another one. OR should I just give her 1 twice a week ?
Your help and experience would be greatly appreciated
:)
Sika Posted - 14/03/2011 : 18:03:42
What a cutie Congrats with her.
(again the grumpiness - why isn't Vitus ever grumpy!!! )
Louise Posted - 14/03/2011 : 16:05:17
Very cute!

I really want a grumpy little hoggie baby :)
LouiseB Posted - 14/03/2011 : 15:12:25
She's a cutie! They do make a lot of noise for such tiny snakes, don't they?
My hoggy was about that size when he was 3 or 4 months old - but it took him absolutely ages to put on weight, and he's now 91g at the age of 30 months. Hope Matilda settles in well and starts eating for you!
sparkaly Posted - 13/03/2011 : 17:40:26
She is very diddy but such a cutie, makes Charlie Cornsnake look like an anaconda LOL. Can't wait till she's settled then she can come out and play :)
I'll soon have growing :)
MrsA82 Posted - 13/03/2011 : 14:48:04
Awww she's diddy!! I only got my peppa on tuesday she's 10 months old and 58g!! Her previous owner said she was a pig....didn't know how much til now lol

Congrats tho she's lovely!!!

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000