The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Snake Photos
 Marcel and Isabella

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kiwiseventytwo Posted - 22/07/2010 : 05:50:57
Here is an updated picture of Marcel. Sorry I didn't have anything but the fuzzy for scale! I do think it's time to increase the size of his food. He gulped this down in less than a minute!

Isabella is our spotted python.

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kiwiseventytwo Posted - 22/07/2010 : 21:28:25
I am a novice snake keeper, but I'll tell you what I think so far. Isabella bites and even bit my boyfriend in the shop when we were buying her! We chose to get an older spotted python because when we held some hatchlings at a reptile show they kept striking at us (we chose this breed because they reach a maximum length of 140cm.) I have to be very careful how I approach Isabella, especially avoiding her head when I pick her up. On the other hand, I've not had any problems with her eating. She's been on frozen food since I've had her and hasn't ever refused. She is shedding and growing steadily. And she is much more interesting to hold than my hoggie because she constricts. She does need higher humidity than the Hognose so I use cypress for her bedding and also keep some wet moss in there for extra moisture.

I hope this helps, but as I said I'm very new at this and learning as I go!
Kazerella Posted - 22/07/2010 : 14:28:04
Both good looking little snakes, although I do like the spotted python more. Just because I held one for the first time at the last York reptile night so they are a recent discovery for me.

What are they like to keep?

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000