The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Snake - General Keeping Information
 Hatchling Hoggie

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ailsa Posted - 16/06/2011 : 10:56:37
I'm getting a new hoggie hatchling in 5 weeks and am wondering how it will be on kitchen roll? I know they love to burrow in the Aspen but kitchen roll is better for keeping track of their poopy. Do you think maybe a wee pile of Aspen in corner of faun will be ok till it's bigger? Once it's bigger I will line the whole faun with Aspen.

It will be in a large flat faun, you know the ones with the divider bit.

Thanks folks
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ailsa Posted - 16/06/2011 : 15:06:16
Are you still able to keep track of their poo, to make sure they are healthy and pooing.
Mamma Posted - 16/06/2011 : 14:59:52
Vedder is 5 weeks old. He is in Aspen and is absolutely fine. Hes never up at the surface, always burrowed right down xx
Ailsa Posted - 16/06/2011 : 12:33:36
Is just that folks have advised kitchen roll is best for hatchies as it's easier to keep track of his poopy, that's why I thought of the Aspen in the corner for him to burrow. Will fill the hides with shredded newspaper to make them feel more cosy and safe for him. So, in his wee burrow corner will be either aspen or shredded paper. Maybe fill loo roll tubes up with it.
LouiseB Posted - 16/06/2011 : 11:54:09
They do love to burrow, so you'd need to provide something for him to dig in somewhere. An aspen corner is an idea, but knowing hoggies that's probably where he'd choose to do his poo.
TBH, I find that the poo shows up fine on aspen anyway, as it's dark against the pale substrate!

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000