The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Snake - General Keeping Information
 Male or Female??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
emma griffith Posted - 26/04/2011 : 13:31:29
Hi guys, I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me. I got my hoggie for my birthday a few months ago and it was sold as a female but after looking at some pics I'm not so sure.

Thanks
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
RedHog Posted - 29/04/2011 : 12:18:08
110% male, not so easy to tell with hatchlings but that is a male for sure
Mandie Posted - 29/04/2011 : 09:14:53
Thats a male mis sold as female, I posted some pics ages ago here somewhere showing the difference with a couple of my adults.
emma griffith Posted - 26/04/2011 : 13:53:07
I'm in Liverpool, but its no rush as its still only a baby. I'll give the shop a call tomorrow and see what they say.

Thanks for the help though

LouiseB Posted - 26/04/2011 : 13:49:45
Lol, oh well, snakes are deaf anyway so I suppose you can call her whatever you like!
The other option is if you're near a reputable breeder. Where do you live? There might be someone on here who knows of somebody who could help you.
emma griffith Posted - 26/04/2011 : 13:42:46
We do have a shop close to us but its not very good. The shop we bought from is very reputable so I'm hoping they will have a look if I can get back up there.

I was hoping to get more of these in the future to breed, but suppose I can always get a proven pair.

Oh, and we called her Miss Piggy lol
LouiseB Posted - 26/04/2011 : 13:39:09
I see what you mean - I'd say that was a male, but without a confirmed male or female next to it for comparison purposes, it's hard to be 100% sure. Do you have a reptile shop or vet near you who could probe your snake for you?
I suppose it only really matters if you wanted to breed from him/her - or if you've given her a really girly name! But it's always nice to know these things for sure.

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000