The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Snake - General Keeping Information
 how long?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex Earl Posted - 20/02/2011 : 14:25:18
my adult male hognose has never missed a feeding. but at the beginning of this month he stopped eating completely but has been roaming his cage non stop during this period. i asked my local reptile shop why this is and they said that he is looking for a mate.

the one thing i forgot to ask and was wondering was how long does this normally go on and when can i expect to see him eating again?

thanks
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LouiseB Posted - 21/02/2011 : 10:13:39
I think I have a particularly randy male hoggy, because he does this sort of thing all the time! Nothing to worry about, just keep an eye on his weight and keep offering food at regular intervals!
Kehhlyr Posted - 20/02/2011 : 17:13:23
I personally say it would probably be when he decides he's not gonna get any action.
If it's like most other snakes, I'd guess at a few weeks.

Unfortunately I don't have the experience of having a male hoggie go off food due to wanting a lass yet, but I have with other snakes so am drawing on my experience of them to half guess.

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000