The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Snake - General Keeping Information
 ouch!! That venom hurts!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sullysteve Posted - 20/11/2010 : 14:07:03
Take a look at this and let me know your thoughts!!

Not just a dumb ass looking hog after all!!

http://www.herpnet.net/bite/
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
vitriolblue Posted - 26/11/2010 : 18:55:09
quote:
Originally posted by Chromisca

You got a morphine shot? You poor man

Seriously, that had to be the worst experience for me, I thought I was gonna die when I was given one. The Vicodin is always nice though

I figured the good old RICE technique was the way to go on this one, can't say I ever went through what you did though!

My husband also saw that website and was really put off about me getting a hognose, because of my family's history. I lucked out on the allergy sides of things though, with cats, dust and pollen and mold. I always said I was allergic to the UK, because when I moved here from the states my allergies went haywire. Turns out, because it's cooler and damper over here, it was the mold that bothering me. But I think the allergy meds you can get in the states (over the counter and prescribed) are a lot better than the ones available here. So I always stock up when I go over to the states for a visit.

Um, I'm a lady, lol! It's ok. Without avatars it's hard to tell if some people are men or women! And the morphine shot was awesome!
Tiffany-x Posted - 24/11/2010 : 19:19:26
quote:
Originally posted by Chromisca

Seriously, that had to be the worst experience for me, I thought I was gonna die when I was given one. The Vicodin is always nice though

I figured the good old RICE technique was the way to go on this one, can't say I ever went through what you did though!

My husband also saw that website and was really put off about me getting a hognose, because of my family's history. I lucked out on the allergy sides of things though, with cats, dust and pollen and mold. I always said I was allergic to the UK, because when I moved here from the states my allergies went haywire. Turns out, because it's cooler and damper over here, it was the mold that bothering me. But I think the allergy meds you can get in the states (over the counter and prescribed) are a lot better than the ones available here. So I always stock up when I go over to the states for a visit.

I have many allergies, around 30 or so I believe, but luckily not one of them is anything more than skin irritations and trouble breathing when it happens, I have always been extremely unlucky health wise! :P

Tbh I think even though I have allergies if I was bitten and had a reaction because of how mild all the rest are id probably just get a rash and a touch more swelling, but who knows!

And as for morphine, OMG, I had a terrible experience, it made me painfully sick, I had to be rolled onto my side so I could puke without choking, such a beautiful experience! ;)

Lets be real, antihistamines over here are the hugest heap of poo ever! :P And Im allergic to dust and mold spores too so I cant do any cleaning without taking meds an hour previous! Its great.

I think the best pain killers you can get from your GP for pain seem to be Naproxen (or however you spell it), its not once made me drowsy and they are the only painkillers I have ever had that give me entire pain relief. :)

But anyway, Ill shut up now.
Tiffany-x
Chromisca Posted - 24/11/2010 : 11:26:00

vitriolblue Posted - 24/11/2010 : 07:07:58
Oh yah, that unfortunately was the first site I came upon after I got bitten! How awful and not to mention gross! Bleh! Well, my finger is good as new, just a few remnants of teeth and freakin fang marks! I really didn't even start to notice a difference til I took the antihistamine. Can their bites really be that similar to a bee sting, or do they cause a completely different allergice reaction? My allergy history isn't too impressive, just the usual suspects.. dust and cats mostly, but sometimes seasonal things will get me going. My boyfriend mulched the dead leaves over the weekend and I couldn't be out in the yard! Anyways, I got a morphine shot, took hydroxyzine (Vistaril), and Motrin, and later Vicodin. The pain killers really didn't do all that much, surprisingly and that damn shot really hurt. I think the antihistamine did the trick... and ice... lots and lots of ice!
LouiseB Posted - 22/11/2010 : 14:46:38
Ow! Naughty hog. I didn't even get my skin broken when my hoggy bit me, so he obviously didn't really mean it!
sullysteve Posted - 20/11/2010 : 20:53:43
if i was him, i would have encouraged it to bite somewhere else! Where it is needed...like my little toe.....dee dum da de dum dum..arrrrrrgg..yawn!

anyways..
Tiffany-x Posted - 20/11/2010 : 19:34:36
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

seen that some where before,they can pack a punch,but fuuny how he did not really be in any pain through out.I would of milked it and told the mrs i was in agony lol

Thats not very nice! I would imagine it would hurt a but, it must do. He was probably just trying to be a tough guy! :P
Tiffany-x
lee2308 Posted - 20/11/2010 : 15:40:52
seen that some where before,they can pack a punch,but fuuny how he did not really be in any pain through out.I would of milked it and told the mrs i was in agony lol

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000