The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Snake - General Keeping Information
 is my hog an okay size for her age?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Elbee Posted - 15/09/2010 : 03:47:49
Hello. I have a 13 month old female hognose that is about 10.5". She has almost doubled in length since I got her at 4 months old and has gotten thicker also. She eats one pinkie every 5-7 days, though there have been a few times where I was bad and let her go longer than that. She has never refused a meal. I wanted to see if you could tell me how fast they grow and if she is an okay size for her age. Thank you and God bless.
Laura
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
diggler Posted - 18/09/2010 : 01:46:50
at that age i too would try her on small fuzzies ,my baby is about 6 mnths old and eats two pinkies a week ,but all snakes are diffrent, ,fuzzie size differs greatly sometimes they are about the same size as a small mouse ,sometimes the are not much bigger than a large pinkie,maybe try a rat pup first but do not feed her on these reg. as they contain a great deal of fat (app)
Andy_G Posted - 17/09/2010 : 20:49:52
Some of my 4 month old hatchlings are eating fuzzies...are you sure she's too small?
Elbee Posted - 16/09/2010 : 21:58:49
She is not large enough for fuzzies yet by far. The largest part of her body is maybe just over half as big as a fuzzy. I may start giving her 2 pinkies per feeding. At 13 months (we were told she was 4 months old when we got her last Christmas) how much growing will she still do?
magicjazzguitar Posted - 16/09/2010 : 09:49:07
Hi,
I'm a newbie.
how about 2 pinkies instead of 1 Fuzzy ?

mine one is 3 months old 8inches 8grams only
LouiseB Posted - 15/09/2010 : 12:52:50
I'm not an expert, but she sounds OK to me, perhaps a bit on the small side. You could maybe move her onto fuzzies at this stage - what do other members think?

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000