The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Snake - General Keeping Information
 Holidays

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jimbobby Posted - 24/07/2010 : 10:01:51
I'm quite new to keeping snakes and I've got a young (not sure how old she is but she weighs 15g) hognose snake. I'm off on my holidays in August and wondered if it would be OK to leave her on her own for a week to 10 days, or whether she'll need someone to look after her (food and water). At the moment I'm feeding her a pinkie once every 4 days. I'd be grateful of any information. Thanks.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Andy_G Posted - 04/08/2010 : 19:33:50
Give it a good sized water dish and fill it, and your hognose will be fine. These are a desert species and they do not require as much water as some other species, but it would be ideal to make sure that your snake has it available.
LouiseB Posted - 26/07/2010 : 14:55:54
In terms of feeding, it'd be fine to leave a hoggy for that long, but I personally get my neighbour to look in on my hog if I have to go away, just to check on his water. He has a habit of pooing in it on trailing his bedding into it, and I just don't want to risk him having to go without water for a week. If I'm away for a week, I ask my neighbour to check on him a couple of times, but I'm probably over-cautious.
It depends on your snake's habits - some people are happy to leave them alone for a up to a week, but others do like to have someone check on them. It should be fine to not feed her while you're away, though.

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000