The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Snake - General Keeping Information
 New to Hognoses and snakes in general

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dano Posted - 03/06/2010 : 12:20:16
hey guys im new to snakes but not to reptiles i have two beautiful water dragons. im interested in getting a snake and the hognoses really appeal to me due to the colouring of a rattler and its little turned up nose lol. I was wondering if anyone can post some pics of their set ups so i can see how best to set up the viv all the way from baby to adult.

cheers hope to hear from you soon

Dano
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dano Posted - 18/08/2010 : 18:08:02
he is very docile he hasnt hissed at me or puffed up just very inquisitive, i have tried feeding him today and he started to take it and the feeding tub he was in slipped off a magazine and he stopped and hasnt bothered with it since but he seems happy he has spent the majority of the day out with me, i think that he was fed like the day before the expo as he was a little fatty when i got him
boze Posted - 18/08/2010 : 18:00:46
Awesome! Im sure you've noticed they like huffing and puffing, especially the males, but just let him settle in and get feeding then handling will calm him down. Spiderman always huffs and puffs at me until I pick him up, then he's all happy and inquisitive :-)

D
dano Posted - 15/08/2010 : 20:41:46
really beautiful, i went and got my first hoggie today, i got it from the kempton park reptile expo for a wonderfully lovely price of £30 which completly suprised me as i was expecting them to be a lot more money. its a small male but i am looking forward to getting him in a similar style vivarium
Chae Posted - 22/07/2010 : 17:02:29
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

Nice set up Chae- I like the rock hidey thingy.

Kazerella Posted - 22/07/2010 : 14:26:33
Nice set up Chae- I like the rock hidey thingy.
Chae Posted - 12/07/2010 : 16:27:37

The "hot" side. Has a heating mat on the bottom side

the "cool" side

different angle of Roxanne's home

Roxanne's favorite hiding spot!!

Kazerella Posted - 12/07/2010 : 15:17:23
I've never used a heat rock because I have always been advised they are dangerous- especially for use with snakes

I'll try and get a picture of Wilburs set up soon
dano Posted - 03/06/2010 : 23:31:16
Thanks, I don't use heat mats with my wate dragons because they are in a 6ft high by 6ft wide vivarium and there are three high wattage ceramic heat bulbs in there lol, but I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems with them like those god awful heat rocks. But thanks for replying and I'm looking forward to the pictures.
sexychef Posted - 03/06/2010 : 17:36:08
i would post some picks but i am in the middle of moving house so my snakes are housed in bare min at the mo give me a week or 2 and will sort it out
LouiseB Posted - 03/06/2010 : 15:18:36
Hi, and welcome to hoggies!
I'm not too hot on the old photography front, but I'm sure someone else will be able to oblige. The basic set-up, which will apply no matter how old your snake is, would be a heat source at one end of the viv, a suitable substrate, a hide at each end so your snake can retreat to either warm up or cool down, a water bowl at the cool end, and perhaps some artificial greenery if there's room.
I also have a couple of twiggy branch things in with mine, although my hog prefers to tunnel under them rather than go over them. They are burrowers so you don't need to worry too much about providing climbing facilities.

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000