The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Snake - General Keeping Information
 He's Back

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
stickbow Posted - 18/03/2010 : 16:20:50
Hi All
About 2 months ago my little male hognose decided to leave his viv and go "Walkabout", after turning the reptile room inside out and then the lounge, I waited a few days and did it all again, still no sign, then last week my wife came home and he was on the lounge carpet in front of the fire(slightly cold) so she put him in his viv now it was altered, the little darling escaped through an air vent.
Well he had 2 large pinkies yesterday and is now getting to know me again, he lost aboput 5 grams during the 2 months but now seems ok.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kazerella Posted - 13/04/2010 : 17:42:39
I know - it's distressing, especially since we are doing the electrics at the moment so he could easily get under the floor boards

Hearing stories like this one though give me hope- one day I might come home and find Munky just sat on the carpet in front of the fire
LouiseB Posted - 07/04/2010 : 16:21:16
I go into a cold sweat when I think about this sort of thing. My corn got out of her viv last year, but thankfully I found her the same day, hiding behind a bookcase. She could have got behind the kitchen units, or under the shower, or behind the skirting boards, and I could have never seen her again. Horrible thought!
Technobimbo Posted - 01/04/2010 : 00:42:16
Ooops... I live in fear of this happening.... Horace got out of his feeding tub once when I was not taking notice, but luckily found him after a couple of minutes hiding in a stack of papers under his tub! (worth being a messy brat at times)
Glad to hear you have him back now. sorry to hear about your milk Kaz.
Kazerella Posted - 29/03/2010 : 13:42:31
Good news Stickbow

It's great that you've found him.

I've had a milk snake on the loose since October and I'm starting to give up hope.
Mandie Posted - 19/03/2010 : 13:44:34
Had a female hatchling do the same on me 2 yrs ago, she was gone for 8mths! Reappeared through a hole in my decking a lot bigger than when she left, think she'd been living on frogs out the garden certainly took a while to get her back onto defrosts lol.
sexychef Posted - 18/03/2010 : 16:56:54
glad to here yo have got him back and is doing well.

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000