The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Snake - General Keeping Information
 rubs for hognoses

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nick Posted - 02/01/2010 : 19:18:18
hi there.
was wondering if rubs are suitable to keep hognoses in if so, what size rub would people reccomend for hatchlings as i intend to get at least one pair this year?
regards
nick
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
666PITT9 Posted - 30/09/2010 : 11:15:44
'' Wilkinsons they have some faunariums in there for around £5.50 ''

these are really good ive got three one for a corn hatchling and two for leopard gecko hatchlings
Kazerella Posted - 10/03/2010 : 15:00:17
Men and their power tools
sexychef Posted - 09/02/2010 : 15:01:42
elecy drill all the way
Kazerella Posted - 09/02/2010 : 10:34:13
I've found the best way to put ventilation holes in a RUB is to burn them in with a red hot metal skewer. Easier than trying to poke holes in with a sharp implement.

Just be careful when you do it.
sexychef Posted - 13/01/2010 : 14:11:51
i have used them for all my snakes yes you need to put ventalation in. get them from ebay, staples hardware shops or similar
LouiseB Posted - 13/01/2010 : 13:56:52
I was just wondering, do the RUBs have ventilation or do you have to put holes in them yourself? And whereabouts in the UK would you buy one?
Also, does anyone use them for other snakes? I sometimes have to take my corn snake and my hoggy with me when I visit my parents for more than a week at a time, and a couple of RUBs would make ideal portable vivs.
Gazza Posted - 09/01/2010 : 18:13:02
I keep my newborn hatchlings in bacon boxes (tupperware tubs), then once the reach about 6 months they get an upgrade into large cadburys boxes (about the size of a small shoe box), then once the snake is around 60-80grams, it then gets moved into a medium contico or a 9litre really useful box. Then if its a male it will stay there and if its a female, I will then upgrade further to a large contico, where it will stay put.

Hope this helps

sexychef Posted - 03/01/2010 : 16:53:59
i use a 9l RUB at the mo for my hoggie but as a hatchling he was in a sandwich kinda tub
Kazerella Posted - 03/01/2010 : 15:44:36
Yes RUBS are fine for hoggys - they don't need large enclosures because they are quite tiny as hatchlings. I'd say a couple of 3-4 litres RUBS will be good at first.

Alternatively if you live near a Wilkinsons they have some faunariums in there for around £5.50. They are great for hatchlings too

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000