The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Snake - General Keeping Information
 co-housing hoggies :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
murhawk Posted - 22/12/2009 : 10:35:52
hey there, i recently went to a reptile shop which was selling some beautiful western hognoses, however, they were only selling a pair of boys, im very interested in them both and their faces are so adorable! But continuing with the story.
I can only afford one large viv for these two; and i think at a bargain of 85£ for the two of them i ignore the offer.
Is it possible to house hoggies together without any major issues?
There are many different opinions on the subject, however i would like some distinguishing information.
Thank you
Rosie x
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kazerella Posted - 03/01/2010 : 15:50:58
I agree with Sexychef- best not to house snakes together, especially with a species that requires so little space. The risks are too high for hoggys that take up no room at all, even as adults.

If you want to save money you can house them in identical sized fauns next to each other and run them off the same heat mat and thermostat.
sexychef Posted - 22/12/2009 : 15:35:01
why not by 2 smaller vivs a hoggie only needs a 2'x2' viv, or you could partion it.
i strongly recomend not to keep any snakes together.
male hognoses can be very picky feeders as well so you will need to monitor them carefully

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000