The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Snake - General Keeping Information
 what to feed neonate hognose

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Elbee Posted - 20/12/2009 : 08:24:19
I am considering getting a young western hognose snake. I was told that she was 4 months old, but she is very tiny and I was worried about her eating pinkies. Perhaps he meant 4 weeks old? She looks almost small enough to be a heatchling. Her head is so tiny that I am afraid even a small pinkie would be too large. I was told she was eating f/t pinkies ("blood pinkies", though I am not sure what that is) with a dab of tuna fish scent. What do those of you who breed hogs feed your neonates? Thank you in advance for any input. God bless and Merry Christmas.

Laura
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boze Posted - 07/01/2010 : 20:13:19
And feed two went down yesterday, he didnt even wait till id left the room hehe looks like hes sorted :-)

D
Kazerella Posted - 07/01/2010 : 19:05:37
Congratulations!
boze Posted - 04/01/2010 : 13:11:37
He ate a couple of nights ago now, mega chuffed! I just left it in a wee dish in his tub overnight (with the light on) and it was gone in the morning1

RESULT!

D
Kazerella Posted - 03/01/2010 : 15:47:58
I think hoggys need quite a while to settle in compared to other snakes. I wouldn't worry if they miss a few feeds over the first few weeks.

Offer the smallest pinkies you can find. They can handle more than you think.
boze Posted - 23/12/2009 : 18:38:51
Hmmm, I tried feeding him today, didnt even register any interest in the pinky. Brained it and added a couple drops of cod liver oil and hes still not interested. Im just worried because hes so tiny. Should I leave in in a dish in his RUB overnight do ya think?

D
boze Posted - 20/12/2009 : 16:29:47
my hognose is 6g and im going to try him on a wee pinky as soon as hes finished shedding, itll be his first feed with me....

D
sexychef Posted - 20/12/2009 : 10:31:06
a very small pinky. i had a 7g hognose and he could manage a small pinky

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000