The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Snake - General Keeping Information
 my snake is moving on

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hognose360 Posted - 16/09/2009 : 00:57:49
my hogie is getting to eat fuzzies now so will he shed more?????????????

*moved from Intros to General by GP
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mandie Posted - 19/09/2009 : 13:28:45
Yes its better 2 large mice to get her upto a more suitable weight ie where she doesn't look like she's under weight than to give them a rat as they are more prone to fatty liver disease I'm told.

Once this female of mine 'looks' better ie hognose shape rather than very thin sausage I'll reduce her to 1 mouse a wk but until then she's very hungry and needs the weight on her to brumate, she'll get 2 mice a wk.
Carolyn Posted - 18/09/2009 : 20:24:32
so is it okay to feed them two large mice? I'm sure my hoggie would take two large mice but the previous owner gave her one a week, she is almost 3ft, I haven't weighed her, very new to snake ownership so open to any advice
Mandie Posted - 18/09/2009 : 12:47:59
You'd expect it to but it honestly doesn't they seem to be able to expand without the need to shed. I have an adult female who started the summer at 400gms is now 560, greedy as hell ie 2 large mice a sitting and still no shed.
Bex Posted - 17/09/2009 : 18:11:42
She was 26g in feb & 78g beginning of this month & hasn't shed since may. Maybe someone needs to have a word with her?
Bex Posted - 17/09/2009 : 18:08:50
You would of thought so but Miss Piggy has only shed 3 times since last sept & she rarely refuses food.
Gingerpony Posted - 16/09/2009 : 21:15:44
more food generally means more growth which means shedding more frequently though
Mandie Posted - 16/09/2009 : 09:37:36
No they have a natural rate of shedding and maintain it took me ages to adjust to them going so long between shedding but its normal.

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000