The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Snake - General Keeping Information
 FAO Karen Reilly Hatchling found after 8 mths

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mandie Posted - 12/08/2009 : 08:58:49
Karen don't give up hope I had a brilliant find yesterday after 8mths AWOL.

I'd upgraded a young female to a different tub with the sensor probe in so a larger than normal air hole to facilite said probes passage thru the lid. Well there in lay my mistake hatchlings can pass thru even with probe insitu

After turning the bedroom inside out upside down and any other way you can search a room for 2 mths I gave up hope and accepted the cats had done for her.

Imagine my shock, disbelief etc when the dogs started screaming like banshee's at something in my entry, which is ramped with decking and wire for my safety ie stops me slipping.

I get down to the end there, last step, to find about 4 inches of young hognose coming thru the decking/wire! This is her today after a bath, won't tell you how much dog hair/spiders web and dust she was wearing, and a meal still sulking if you ask me lol. She weighed 9 gms when lost now she's at 18gms which is nothing for almost a yr old female but shows she's probably been eating the wild frogs making their way up the ramp into my kitchen!

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kazerella Posted - 17/08/2009 : 21:21:45
Children should be banned from homes with reps in them
Mandie Posted - 14/08/2009 : 11:27:29
Most definitely Kazerella as its a female 66% het albino lol! Just got an adult male on the loose now tis 10 mths since he got away, visiting child opened viv (so much for locks)enough for him to escape.

She's had 3 meals since I found her and has gone into shed today - wonder why lol
sexychef Posted - 13/08/2009 : 16:32:32
good news
Blackecho Posted - 12/08/2009 : 16:20:23
Great news
Kazerella Posted - 12/08/2009 : 10:47:11
That's always my advice too- I've heard so many stories of people finding their snakes after months and even years.

Bet you were glad to find him them Mandie

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000