The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Snake - General Keeping Information
 Feeding ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AlexOfSea Posted - 26/08/2011 : 14:05:10
Hi, I'm new here and I'm getting my first hoggie in a few weeks.

I was wondering how I'm supposed to get the snake in the cage after feeding since your not supposed to handle your snake after feeding? And does anyone know where i can get mice shipped to mainland europe?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LouiseB Posted - 30/08/2011 : 09:32:53
Who are you buying your hoggy from - do they live near you, and if so, could you ask them where they get their frozen food from? I am sure there must be other snake keepers in your part of the world, it's just a matter of finding them!
Gmac Posted - 28/08/2011 : 12:31:59
no they would most likely be spoiled by the time you got them home and would be then useless to freeze.
AlexOfSea Posted - 28/08/2011 : 07:47:50
Wouldn't it be possible to by fresh then freeze them when I get home?
Gmac Posted - 28/08/2011 : 00:22:47
Seriously there is no point in even looking at taking frozen foods from the uk to Switzerland, there is absolutely no way it will remain frozen and it will spoil by the time you get home.
AlexOfSea Posted - 27/08/2011 : 18:34:03
Thats a bit far away from where I live.

I travel to the UK often though, so i could pick some up while I'm there, does anybody know about traveling with frozen food on an airplane?? Grange Reptiles is the nearest place to where i stay, does anyone know if that shop is good?

Thanks
Gmac Posted - 27/08/2011 : 17:59:25
quote:
Originally posted by AlexOfSea

I live in southern Switzerland, it's impossible to get anything for a god price here

Suggest this shop may be able to help you there is a forum attached and may be of better assistance than us here. http://www.casa-reptilica.ch/ i dont know how good it is but is linked on one of my friends websites.

I dont think you will get rodents cheaper from the UK than you will n Switzerland also would be a miracle if they arrive frozen.
AlexOfSea Posted - 27/08/2011 : 17:21:55
I live in southern Switzerland, it's impossible to get anything for a god price here
Gmac Posted - 27/08/2011 : 02:05:46
quote:
Originally posted by Diesel1994

as i said in previous post i would ship to mainland europe :)

While I admire what your trying to do with your company, but I get frozen delivered from Edinburgh or London ish area and they generally dont arrive frozen and that is with dry ice and ice blocks. Dont imagine any delivery you make to Switzerland will arrive frozen.

Diesel1994 Posted - 26/08/2011 : 23:16:20
as i said in previous post i would ship to mainland europe :)
Kehhlyr Posted - 26/08/2011 : 22:14:07
What part of Mainland Europe??
Can you let us know the country and area??
Some of us are on many reptile forums and may know of someone or somewhere close by.
AlexOfSea Posted - 26/08/2011 : 20:09:42
OK thanks.
LouiseB Posted - 26/08/2011 : 15:46:33
You can either feed your hoggy in a small box outside the cage, and then gently tip him back into the cage afterwards, or it's usually OK to pick the hoggy up just to put him back in his home - it's just long handling sessions you're supposed ot avoid.

I don't know about th emice, I'm afraid - anyone else??

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000