The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Introductions
 A forum that fits me!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PaulaD Posted - 14/02/2011 : 17:56:53
Hi everyone,
I really should have introduced myself before I started posting, but got so wrapped up in all the information here and the fact that this forum was purely for us hog lovers that I felt i d been here forever!!
Already, I ve been shown how to sex these guys, from a simple picture in one of the posts, not to mention tips on breeding from actual owners of hogs and not from just hearsay.
I m delighted to be here, I m Paula, from Cavan in Central Ireland, And there s not many hogs here.Especially the unusual morphs, which I hope to introduce among my fella "herpalists" over here this year.
Its lovely to be among all of you.

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LouiseB Posted - 18/02/2011 : 11:34:01
I don't think there are many tri-coloured hogs over here either; I've been to a couple of reptile fairs and didn't see any there. If you've managed to source some in London I would stick with that!
PaulaD Posted - 17/02/2011 : 20:29:14
Thanks all for your hellos. Yes, I currently have a very large female hog, and a male, both western. Had an albino western but he caught an infection and did nt make it last winter. Had some bad luck three years ago with an egg bound female too. And with a lack of reptile vets over here, she did nt make it after the anesthetic. Very upsetting and dissapointing to watch as the eggs all lodged and nothing could be done for her. But I learned a lot since and will be over in the uk soon and would like to bring a pair or tri coloureds home. Ican only source them in London, in crystal Palace reptiles. So If anyone knows of somewhere closer to the Holyhead direction, please let me know. I m unsure of regulations regarding taking these guys home on the plane, so will be driving. Lovely to meet you . :)
LouiseB Posted - 15/02/2011 : 09:40:59
Hello! Hoggies are a bit of a minority interest here too, but we try to be as vocal as we can about them!
Do you already have some hogs, or are you thinking of acquiring some?
Kehhlyr Posted - 14/02/2011 : 23:13:21
Hi and welcome to the forum.
We have a few oirish members spread out among our other forums as well, so handy hints/tips on decent rep shops or where to source some animals should be easy (ish) to do.

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000