The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Introductions
 Hi Everyone

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jay93 Posted - 07/06/2010 : 21:17:53
Hi all!

I currently have 3 corn snakes and am thinking of getting a pair of something (for breeding eventually) once I have a job and the money to do so. I initially really didn't like the look of hognose's but have fallen in love with them after seeing several pics and vids.

Would you recommend hognose's, in your experiance? I've read that they can be quite fiesty when young but settle down with regular handling?

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Chae Posted - 12/07/2010 : 16:07:16
I love my hoggie!! she has only been testy with me a couple times because I have startled her. this is my first snake and she is very easy to care for and handle! :)
Kazerella Posted - 12/07/2010 : 15:11:10
Hoggies are great and would be a good breeding project because even adults can be housed in a small space and hatchlings sell really well.

I've not had any trouble will feistyness, although I wouldn't always recommend them due to them being slighty venomous.
Mandie Posted - 08/06/2010 : 19:43:42
I have an adult female who keeps you on ya toes when she's hungry lunges at anything mouth open expecting it to be edible!

She is the exception rather than the rule I have 30 of them at present including hatchlings and only that one I use a hook with when she's hungry. Have an 18 mth old male who has hissed and struck since the day he hatched here but never mouth open, just bluff lol.
LouiseB Posted - 08/06/2010 : 14:16:33
Everyone on here is probably going to be biased towards hoggies, but even so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
They can indeed be feisty, and some of them continue to be lively even as they get older, but they do get calmer with handling and age. When I first got my hoggy, he used to hiss every time I went near his viv, but now he doesn't do it unless he's startled. They rarely bite, so they're a good option in that respect.

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000