The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Introductions
 Hi!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kiwiseventytwo Posted - 12/02/2010 : 21:57:25
Hi everyone,
I've had my western hognose for about 3 months now. They weren't sure how old he was, but probably hatched sometime late last summer. His name is Marcel and he's absolutely gorgeous! I found this forum searching for information about shedding problems. He shed right after I got him, but hasn't since. I've decided to feed him 2 extra small frozen pinkies this week instead of one.

We also have a juvenile kenyan sand boa and a spotted python!

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kazerella Posted - 22/07/2010 : 14:23:29
Great news
LouiseB Posted - 20/07/2010 : 14:04:04
He's a lovely little fellow, and I'm glad to hear he's behaving himself now. I think my hoggy is averaging about 5 sheds per year just now, which is nothing like as often as my corn, but I've just accepted that he's a law unto himself and stopped worrying about him so much now!
kiwiseventytwo Posted - 20/07/2010 : 01:30:27
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to give you a quick update on Marcel. He began to thrive once I changed his food to those small fuzzies. I probably should be a bit more responsible about documenting his dates of shedding, but it seems to happen about once a month now. He is really growing and I'm now feeding him a large fuzzy every four days (I found that advice on another posting). Anyway, although I haven't commented, I do read the posts here regularly and have found the advice to be very helpful.

Oh, and for those of you that worry about hoggie aggression, I can tell you that Marcel is all bluff! He is only really feisty when I feed him (he's kind of a pig!). I put him in a separate container because I use ground walnuts as his bedding. He ALWAYS hisses and lunges for me when I take him out to return him to his enclosure. I just laugh and pick him up anyway. He settles down once I have him in my hand.

I'll post a new pic soon. Thanks again.
Kazerella Posted - 29/03/2010 : 13:41:10
Sounds like a hoggy- hissy little blighters
kiwiseventytwo Posted - 12/03/2010 : 21:58:13
Hi and thanks for the advice. We've had all three of our snakes for about the same amount of time. The other two have already shed twice, so I was a little concerned about my hognose! I thought maybe he wasn't getting enough calories, so got him some bigger mice. I fed him a small fuzzy a little over a week ago and he is now in preecdysis. He is very unhappy with not being able to see and hissing at every sound!
Kazerella Posted - 10/03/2010 : 14:51:44
Hello Kiwiseventytwo

Nice little hoggy you have there. They don't seem to shed as often as other types of snake so don't worry too much
sexychef Posted - 23/02/2010 : 16:21:15
he looks so cool
hognose360 Posted - 23/02/2010 : 14:20:30
hey come to the forum we are all here to help you if you have any concerns
kiwiseventytwo Posted - 14/02/2010 : 01:34:25
Thanks,

Hopefully this time I've managed a pic of him!
sexychef Posted - 13/02/2010 : 09:42:04
hi and welcome. if you have any questions ask away

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000