The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Introductions
 Hi!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
manda88 Posted - 20/09/2011 : 11:33:43
Hi everyone, I'm Amanda and I recently obtained my very first hoggie!
I'm 22, live in Surrey, and I've been keeping reptiles for nearly two years now. My first were my white's tree frogs which I got for Christmas 2009, and then it's all spiralled out of control since then! I now own 22 corn snakes of various morphs, 6 royal pythons, a green tree python, brazilian rainbow boa, hoggie hog hog, 7 white's tree frogs (2 of which I'm looking after for a friend while he's away for 6 weeks), 5 dart frogs, 2 amazon milk frogs, a horned frog and two crested geckos!
I will make a thread a bit later on with some hoggie pics for you all, but for now here's a little teaser

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
andi Posted - 07/10/2011 : 20:24:25
i know wot u mean about the axanthic they are stunning, wish i had the money and space but i will def be gettin more hoggies they are very quickly becoming a fave of mine and i only have one lol
manda88 Posted - 07/10/2011 : 11:44:25
Cheers, Mort!

quote:
Originally posted by andi

hey, i know they are infectious and once u get one u cant help but get more but wow, how much is their feeding bill every month??? my OH would have been like urself and gotten loads if i didn't real him in a little, but we have a kiddy ontop of our collection which is tiny compared to urs lol tho i have agreed to 2 more snakes!!!

It usually costs about £60 a month to feed everyone, the mice and rats obviously being the most expensive! Fortunately the bigger corns only eat every 2 weeks so the large mice last a while, but the pinkies and small mice run out pretty quickly!!
We did go massively overboard with all the animals, I was only ever planning on getting one corn snake, but then I discovered all the gorgeous colours that they came in and just had to have more and more and more We're hoping to move house next year to somewhere bigger so I'll end up getting even more probably haha, to be fair there's only a few more corn morphs that I'd like, so it should end some day!! I would love another hog, an axanthic or anery, but they're rather expensive so I'll wait until they're a bit more affordable
mort13 Posted - 03/10/2011 : 17:34:56
Hi and welcome.
andi Posted - 02/10/2011 : 20:37:18
hey, i know they are infectious and once u get one u cant help but get more but wow, how much is their feeding bill every month??? my OH would have been like urself and gotten loads if i didn't real him in a little, but we have a kiddy ontop of our collection which is tiny compared to urs lol tho i have agreed to 2 more snakes!!!
manda88 Posted - 21/09/2011 : 15:38:07
Cheers Kehhlyr and kdlang Yeah I have gone a bit overboard on the amount of animals I have haha, they all get their individual care and attention though I like to make time for them all!
It's only taken this long to get a hoggie cos my OH hasn't let me have one until now I've wanted one for so long! To be fair I can't be too mean about my OH, he's let me have 22 corn snakes The royals and all of the dart frogs bar one are his, as are the GTP and BRB, so his have cost a hell of a lot more than my little corns!
kdlang Posted - 21/09/2011 : 15:04:59
Welcome to the forum. Didnt realise your collection was so big. Congrats on adding a hoggie to it. I'm only surprised it has taken you this long lol.

He is gorgeous
Kehhlyr Posted - 20/09/2011 : 23:53:36
Welcome to the forum Manda.
manda88 Posted - 20/09/2011 : 16:33:58
Hi guys, thanks for the welcome!
I've never really thought about how much time they take up to be honest, the frogs need watering and spraying daily so they're the most high maintenance I suppose, but it does take a while to clean, feed and water everyone when it's cleaning time! I really enjoy looking after them all though, I can't imagine living without them all now!
I've not thought of a name for the little hogster yet, I've got a few corns still unnamed too, it's terrible! I think I'll get to know him a bit first and give him a name that suits his personality
Whites are awesome aren't they they will always be my favourites! My most favourite one is a big female called Oliver (named her before she became a she!), she's the most chilled out froggie in the world!
Gmac Posted - 20/09/2011 : 16:10:20
hi and welcome along, and whites rock. Love them
LouiseB Posted - 20/09/2011 : 15:01:29
Hi! That's quite a collection - must be a full-time job keeping them all happy! Lovely hoggy, what's he/she called?
Mamma Posted - 20/09/2011 : 11:45:06
helllooo

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000